Wingless.... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 34 Old 10-22-2011, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I just noticed bird crap on the hood of my car in the picture....damn birds...grrrrr...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 Old 10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
I guess Im alone in saying to keep the wing. God made the wrx that way for a reason....just sayin'

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
post #18 of 34 Old 10-22-2011, 11:41 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
God didnt make it that way at all. The geniuses at Subaru decided to do that. My wifes 05 has it on it, my 07 doesnt. My car is 100 times better looking, not to mention when I back up my car, no wing remotely in view, hers, it tends to draw my attention for some reason, idk, I dont like it. So if the chance/option arose for me to delete it on the wifes, gone like the wind my friend.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #19 of 34 Old 10-23-2011, 01:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Klone is an unknown
i would go wingless if i could find another trunk with the same color
post #20 of 34 Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klone View Post
i would go wingless if i could find another trunk with the same color
That's my biggest issue, aren't to many around in my color and the paint is ungodly expensive...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #21 of 34 Old 10-23-2011, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Klone is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
That's my biggest issue, aren't to many around in my color and the paint is ungodly expensive...
i hear that. i actually found a wr blue truck on craigslist a while ago but now i cant find it !Notfunny!
post #22 of 34 Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Well they only produced 300 SRP cars so the availability is kind of slim and most of those wound up with damn carbon fiber trunks...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #23 of 34 Old 10-24-2011, 01:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

scoobyrex123 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
I just got someone that lived close to me to switch. I just did this three weeks ago. It took about an hour to swap the lids, lock mechanism and tension bars. A quick hit with the buffer and you can't tell the difference in paint at all.

I toyed with filling the holes or finding a wingless trunk and having it painted. B/C of the metallic flake the local shop said they would likely have to blend into the fenders so I was looking at about $500 on top of finding a trunk which generally go for $200.

The swap worked out perfect, he wanted a wing, I wanted wingless.

lol thoseeee someee niceee rimssssssss manggggggggg!!! sell?
post #24 of 34 Old 10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyrex123 View Post
lol thoseeee someee niceee rimssssssss manggggggggg!!! sell?
Thanks. Give a call to discount tire direct. They delivered them to my door for $799. I might be calling them again soon to get another set wrapped in snow tires.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #25 of 34 Old 10-30-2011, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

So in a fit of rage I went out and pulled the wing off the car to get an idea of what it would look like without it...Needless to say it looks like I might have to cough up some money to get the holes filled and the truck repainted....Kind of scared to really see that bill....

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #26 of 34 Old 10-30-2011, 09:23 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
So in a fit of rage I went out and pulled the wing off the car to get an idea of what it would look like without it...Needless to say it looks like I might have to cough up some money to get the holes filled and the truck repainted....Kind of scared to really see that bill....
Looks so much better to the eyes without a spoiler doesnt it? Im sure not to the pocket tho. Thats why I consider myself really fortunate that I did puck up my car new, and got it without the spoiler. I think after the bill is paid, and you get over it, you will be happier, lol. Might not be as fast then tho

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #27 of 34 Old 10-31-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

It isn't that fast now anyway so no worries....lol

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #28 of 34 Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
i have the same color red car and ive been looking as well and cant find a wingless anywhere the same color, but isnt there a way we could simply plug the wholes with something?? i have no idea what it looks like with it taken off up close but i think im gunna take it off and try to mess with ideas of ways to plug them up thats not ghetto and definatly beats the $500 to get them filled and repainted
post #29 of 34 Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
plugs have been done and don't look good at all, trust me once you paint it you won't mind the cost I did it back in the day on my old 03 DD WRX

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #30 of 34 Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs0806 View Post
i have the same color red car and ive been looking as well and cant find a wingless anywhere the same color, but isnt there a way we could simply plug the wholes with something?? i have no idea what it looks like with it taken off up close but i think im gunna take it off and try to mess with ideas of ways to plug them up thats not ghetto and definatly beats the $500 to get them filled and repainted
I should add that is my cost to have it done. Buddy of mine owns a body shop. That's the price of the supplies mostly. You and I have the fun of an outrageously over priced paint color.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement