Wingless 08 sedan - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 10:38 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Kirt I understand where you are coming from, but I was specifically talking about our cars. I havent seen much on the coefficient of drag or anything on our cars, but I would believe that the park bench you have isnt doing that much good at 50MPH, but I could be wrong since I havent had a spoiler on any car of mine.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestoWRX View Post
I'm looking at taking the little fin off the trunk lid of my 2008 WRX sedan. Does anyone know how it is connected and how would be the best way to do away with it? I'm not really all that sure how it would look either. Thinking about doing a little photoshopping.

Also i'm aware that the 3rd break light is on the fin. What would i have to do to put that inside the back window?

Thanks for any help.
I put a factory spoiler on my 08 sedan. It came naked. There are no less then 12 holes in the trunk lid for the install. DO NOT REMOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll have to find a trunk to trade.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
post #18 of 19 Old 01-15-2009, 12:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Point taken...but, I doubt the rear roof vane on 06-07s and the spoiler it's self was R&D'd for aesthetics. Just saying that a majority of rally cars and race cars will have a spoiler or a wing of some nature.

Edit: I know this thread is jacked and OT at this point. I have to apolgize for my fair share of dragging it OT.
post #19 of 19 Old 01-15-2009, 11:09 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Please accept mine also. Kirt, you are rightalso. I PM'd. Mosc, moderators, OP, my bad on dragging this so far off.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"