Window tint 20% too dark? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-09-2009, 03:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

ghostlight is an unknown
my friend has a bright red chevy truck and he went 20 all around and never gets hassled. you can't see in unless you're trying duting the day. at night, forget it.

BUT his freind got 20 on a sports car and the po po made him pull it out....

soo......

i put 35% in my work jeep and it's pretty dark. enough to keep people from giving you the stink eye when you're at a red light. but not terribly dark.
i hope to go 20 all around and maybe i'll get lucky. the copd have got enough money off of me. maybe they'll lighten up.

has anyone ever tinted their sunroof? i hardly use mine cause it's just too much sunshine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

ghostlight is an unknown
check your local laws too, if you want silver, there's a reflective limit. and there are certain colors you can't have too.

i'm in NC and you can't have red amber or blue tint.
#18 Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

AkSoul is an unknown
Out here in Oregon, pickups, SUVs, Vans, Taller Vehicles, etc dont have a limit on tint. For cars it's 35 % The shop that i went with had 28%. I found that was perfect for me no issuses with cops or visibility. It made my black wagon look so good. Dark interior also makes it look darker. I think i may get my entire windshild done in 35%
#19 Old 11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Most states will not allow any tint on the windshield beyond the top banner section.
#20 Old 11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I would say that 20 on the sides is too dark. I put 20 on just the back window and 35 on all 4 side windows. My friend has the EXACT same car and he put on 20 all the way around. His is very hard to see out of at night, and he got a ticket. Mine is just hard to see out of. :-)

I'd stick with 35. Wouldn't you say that this looks dark enough?

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#21 Old 11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subaru160 is an unknown
Window tint 20% too dark?

I have 20% in the rear and 35% on all sides. The cops have stopped me twice, once I got a ticket and the other a warning. I say go with the 20% and take the pig harassment. They are gonna f'wit you no matter what. If I had it to do again I would have done 5% in the rear and 20% on the sides.

T-Shirts for Subaru Enthusiasts - SubieShirts.com
#22 Old 11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

jmanches is an unknown
I am planning on going 20% on my windows too. For you all that already had their windows done, is there a certain amount of time you had to wait before you could put your windows down? And does cold weather have an affect?
#23 Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

AkSoul is an unknown
I waited for 7 days i think. put some tape over your controls so you dont use em before you supposed to.
#24 Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
Kinda on the same note...has anyone tried any of that precut ebay tint? I know ebay's not always the best choice when it comes to quality, but anyone? Thanks!
#25 Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'd avoid that stuff like the plague. Odds are that it will bubble up in at least one place (if not all over), won't be cut correctly (no offense, your installation skills might be pretty good), or it might fade over time and/or turn purple. A professional tint job is relatively inexpensive and is well worth the money.

John
07 WRX
#26 Old 12-01-2009, 07:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
Hmmm...yeah...good points...