What front bumper to choose - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-09-2007, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Shane818 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Shane818
What front bumper to choose

I own an 02 WRX, my stock front bumper has cracks, alot of scratches and is pretty much banged up. Not by me, previous owner. So i was wondering if anyone has any input on which front bumper i should buy. I am putting it on in the spring but want to order it soon. I have only found a couple actual front bumpers, alot of front lips though. I like this one so far

http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templa...ubFolderId=448

anyone have any experience with it, or have good or bad luck with certain companies even. Thanks for the help in advance.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2007, 05:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
dont buy fiberglass its cracks easier and in some cases its cheaply made and has a shit ton of waves in it
#3 Old 12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

a.young is an unknown
your best bet is a oem bumper from Subaru IMO

stage 2 STi...and still not enough
#4 Old 12-10-2007, 06:51 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
+1 to both statements above. I had a fiberglass kit on my focus. Worst idea ever.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 12-10-2007, 07:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

Shane818 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
+1 to both statements above. I had a fiberglass kit on my focus. Worst idea ever.
yeah, owning a focus is the worst idea ever. lol. So how much would an OEM front bumper go for from subaru? That has to cost an arm and a leg. maybe even a first born. the reason i wanted a different front bumper is because we have an awesome body shop about a mile away from where i live. They are perfectionists, a little more pricey but its not your macco paint job. whichever route is going to be cheaper is the one i am going with.
#6 Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

dmcmahan12 is an unknown
Bumper skin

Hope this helps. I had to replace my rear bumper skin and the cost of the unpainted skin was $254 from Subaru and then I had a local Auto body shop paint it for $168. Not a bad price and did a good job color matching. And yes the fiberglass front end will crack easy as hell especially the one you found because it hangs down so low. Good luck man.
#7 Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

a.young is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane818 View Post
yeah, owning a focus is the worst idea ever. lol. So how much would an OEM front bumper go for from subaru? That has to cost an arm and a leg. maybe even a first born. the reason i wanted a different front bumper is because we have an awesome body shop about a mile away from where i live. They are perfectionists, a little more pricey but its not your macco paint job. whichever route is going to be cheaper is the one i am going with.

How bad is your bumper are you sure it can not be repaired?? Maybe have that shop check it out .. I would say stay away from aftermarket bumpers they never fit right . It will be worth the extra cash in the end.

stage 2 STi...and still not enough
#8 Old 12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

az_wrx_26 is an unknown
Well I have the same car with a Kaminari Front lip and its all messed up to becuase of previouse owner. Just like every one else is saying dont buy a fiberglass bumper. Me personally I like the C-West bumper they offer. Its polyurethan and I love the aggresive look it gives the car.
#9 Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Shane818 is an unknown
the stock one can't be fixed. its got really deep scratches and on both sides of the bumper its cracked all the way through. its kind of like in 2 seperate peices. but you never know, wouldn't hurt to ask.