what can I use the clock pod for? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-18-2009, 07:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

8thWonder is an unknown
Lightbulb what can I use the clock pod for?

Hey Everyone!

I'm toying with the idea of using the clock pod for something other than gauges.
I would need to fill the empty gauge pack housing seen here:
SubaruProParts.com: Your OEM And Aftermarket Subaru Source

My original idea was to put a new head unit up there, but I've since installed a double-DIN DVD head unit in the normal area. (will be posting a walk-through w/pics soon)

I know there are some extremely creative/inventive people here. Any ideas as to what I can use the clock pod for?? Are there any good examples that you've seen on here or other forums?
I've considered an EQ for the stereo, a radar detector, an old video game system (if it would fit), etc. but I'm completely open to suggestions! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-18-2009, 09:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
My first thought would be a radar detector, but I don't really believe in them so that's if you use one. Maybe a mini fish aquarium? Not really being serious but that would be unique and semi homoish.

-Chris
#3 Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I think that's a prime location for something useful. I glance at my clock all the time, so I probably won't be changing my setup any time soon. That said, I would find something of similar importance to you to mount there. If you can't think of anything, a good backup plan would be to display something interesting for your passengers - like a flashy afr unit or digital gauge(s) of some sort. Keep in mind though that it's at the top center of your dash and unless you have your windshield and other windows tinted dark, thieves and probing eyes will be drawn to whatever item you choose to mount there, so be sure it's secure or somewhat hidden (like gauges that have completely black faces when turned off) if you want to minimize the possibility of the item(s) being stolen. Sorry, the only thing I could think of is gauges I'm curious to see what other people suggest though.

John
07 WRX
#4 Old 11-19-2009, 02:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

MWRX09 is an unknown
I know this might seem far fetched but it might work. In the 09's if you have the premium with navi they have an info screen. Inside that option is a gauge that tells you how much acceleration your using. its a circle gauge on the screen maybe you could hook something up as a bar gauge that runs across the length of the cutout. Other than that I got nothing thats such a small area there really isnt alot to work with.

Sorry I couldnt be more help.
#5 Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
The first thing I thought of was an EQ. I don't know if there is much use for one but it might look kind of cool with the red, yellow, and green light dancing up and down to the music? Other than that I am not sure. I also agree with ManShow... make sure that whatever you put there does not look enticing to others when you are not there.