wash / wax / polish / etc.? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-30-2005, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

silver04 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to silver04 Send a message via Yahoo to silver04
wash / wax / polish / etc.?

It's time for me to buy a new wax and polish and so I was just wondering what kind of washes / waxes / polishes everyone uses on their Subes. I've heard great things about the Zaino Bros. products from NSX people and also some good things about Zymol products too.

I just don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on products that won't work.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Zymol is a tad more tedious than traditional wax, but I think it's well worth it. My friend that runs a detailing shop in VA got me hooked on the stuff. I think 12 bucks a bottle? German made and all natural ingredience... it's like Herbal Essense for your car with a fancy euro flair!!

I use regular Armor All carwash, but as soon as I finish my 2 jugs, I'll probably go with Meguires Gold just to try. No complains though, but no "great experiences" either.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#3 Old 06-30-2005, 10:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
I recently used Meguires car wash and was thoroughly impressed. I second the Zymol as well. I have a bottle of that and will never go back.
#4 Old 06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
I use Ardex products to wash and 1 step ( cleaner wax) first and then I use Colinite for wax very good stuff. I don't think you can but Ardex products from a store though

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#5 Old 06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

opXus is an unknown
I use Zymol wax on my car, or Gliptone.... not sure if this one is available in stores or not, my cousin got it for me from his uncle who owned a detailing shop in NYC and they both leave a lovely finish.
#6 Old 06-30-2005, 11:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

silver04 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to silver04 Send a message via Yahoo to silver04
Ah, seems like a lot of people go with Zymol. I was leaning toward that but I'll have to do some research on the Ardex and Gliptone. Thanks guys!
#7 Old 06-30-2005, 02:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

WagonMaster is an unknown
For car wash, I have used a lot of different ones, and the three best ones I 've used are Meguiars, Eagle One, and Kit. The Kit stuff is dirt cheap, and it works just as good as the rest. As far as waxes and paint treatments go, there's a lot of good stuff out there now. If the car's finish is crappy and oxidized, I start out with 3M rubbing compound, then 3M Finish Restorer, then a carnauba wax like the higher end Meguiars stuff, Zymol, Mothers, P21S, or 3M Paste Wax. I really dig the 3M stuff personally, especially the Finish Restorer. It works great on anything, especially pearlescent and metallic finishes. If you don't mind sitting out there all day and detailing step by step, it's definitely the way to go.