Under seat subwoofer fit.... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-01-2005, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

02DaWeRXs is an unknown
Under seat subwoofer fit....

So I just found out my factory sub has crapped out....BIG TIME...Almost fried my own a$$ Anyway...I was wondering if anyone has tried to fit one of these under the front pass. seat? I figure if I'm going to pay $100+ for a factory sub might as well get an aftermarket one that probably sounds 100x's better...Since I have a wagon I don't wanna put a box in the trunk nor go crazy and lose my spare tire..so this looks feasible if it fits...

Kenwood KSC-SW1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Looks like there are measurements on the site. Time for you to grab a tape measure. Factory "upgraded" sub is horrible though. My car came with the upgraded audio package... and it's the worse thing ever. As soon as I get some cash... as soon as I get a job and some cash, I'll look into upgrading it with real audio equipment.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #3 of 8 Old 09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

opXus is an unknown
Yeah I would never waste my money getting an "upgraded" audio system. Because no matter what they put in there, you will always be able to get something better. My whole audio sytem was ripped out and replaced with much much better equipment.
post #4 of 8 Old 09-01-2005, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

02DaWeRXs is an unknown
I'll whip the tapemeasure out and see if it'll fit and let you guys know...But looks like the audio equipment is going to be put on hold...Gotta do my 30K mile service....looks like brakes are needed too....I know I can look for this stuff, but what is inclusive in the 30K mile service? ALL fluids I'm assuming..which I was going to do since I just bought the car...Of course, as per the way I took care of my e36 M3...I'm going to go with some quality fluids....filters...pads....Is there a good brand of slotted rotors I can get for the car...Also I wanna get a service manual on CD...I see a few on eBay which one is the better/more reliable one?

Oh man I so can't wait to throw this car on the autoX

Last edited by 02DaWeRXs; 09-01-2005 at 02:21 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
i just recently did my 30K tune up. the trani fluid was fine. the plugs were shot. and thats about it. check the air filter. fuel doesnt have to be replaced untill 60K. make sure the be;ts are good. and yeah my brakes were bad at that milage too.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-05-2005, 01:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

KryptoNyte is an unknown
What's up with Scooby brakes anyways? I don't understand it, I would get 50k miles on all my V8's brakes, why is it no human being can get more than 30k out of Subaru's brakes?
post #7 of 8 Old 09-05-2005, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
30K is a lto for brakes now. usually they go in 20.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-05-2005, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

02DaWeRXs is an unknown
Actually they look like they were done already....Ah closer inspection told me so...OK guys I did buy an automatic WRX...I got a good deal on it and it's gonna be my daily commuter and living in the NY/NJ metro area..traffic is a b!tch....so the auto was the way to go..Plus I liked the way the WRX felt over the 2.5RS..could've been a mental thing...BUT my good "deal" lead me to my present issue...STALLING!!!! Seems like when I drive in a lot of stop and go traffic in hot weather....it just stalls when I come to a stop... not cool....I have to take her to the $tealer...The A/T fluid hot idiot light comes on...This is really stressing me otu..I've only had the car for a little over a week!!!!! So far no good !Cry! I've always thiught the car idled too low..the car is bone stock I believe...I'm the 3rd owner....Can anyone give me some advice...It shoudl be covered under the powertrain warranty...I only clicked onto 30K miles...BUT it's over 3 years old....Thanks for any info....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement