Subaru WRX Forum banner

turbo timer

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  rex-ya 
#1 ·
im looking to buy a turbo timer, but i am curious to know your opinions on each of these. HKS type-0, greddy full auto timer, or the Apexi timer? Im leaning towards the greddy timer.

#7 ·
In my opinion something like a turbo timer is never a bad thing to invest in.. As long as you choose a good quality timer you will be happy.. Just go with the options and the style that you want..

#9 ·
NasbaTR said:
i mean practically speaking cant you just chill in the car and let it idle for a min to let turbo cool back down before shutting it off rather than spending the money on a turbo timer
Yeah you can do that but... it's cool to leave your car running and walk away and have people be likeWTF

#10 ·
Ian said:
Yeah you can do that but... it's cool to leave your car running and walk away and have people be likeWTF
I love when people say "HEY! YOUR CAR IS STILL RUNNING!", then it shuts off, and I'm like, "no it's not...." and just walk away :p

Before I begin, I must say... :beatentod , However, the Blitz DC2 DTT is good as well. It matches the stock colors (silver/black unit with green back-lit LCD, matching the odometer and gauges on stock WRXes). The main reason I got it was as a boost gauge though... didn't feel like spending $200-300 on an "official" boost gauge, and wanted to keep the stock look. You can't see the TT unless you look for it, and it's impossible to see from other cars when I'm driving. Nothing says, "hey I think I'm fast, race me" like a bunch of gauges on the A-Pillar.... I stopped driving my Civic for a reason... no longer do I have to go to every stop light and have someone try to race me... :cool: but if they do, I can stomp them out anyway :rocks:

#11 ·
Waste of money. This is one of those things that DSM guys all tell WRX guys they need because they think all the stuff about DSM's transfers to Subies. As was said before, WRX turbos are oil and water cooled so 1, they don't get as hot as DSM turbos and 2, even off the heat has the coolant and oil to dissipate to.

Buying one because you like to walk away with your car running to grab attention is just lame. It's like guys who buy ultra-loud BOVs. I'm sorry but it had to be said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.