Subaru WRX Forum banner

Tinted windows Photos

18K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
Hi Subaru owners -
I'm new to this site, got my 02 wrx a month ago and LOVE it!!! Always wanted tinted windows, so its gettin done on this now. I'm in SE PA, about 30 mi west of Philly. Ive researched the tinting laws (meaning NO TINTING is allowed pretty much, lol) Whatever. Anways, I'm stuck between getting either 20, or 30 % tint. The car is that deep midnight blue (nearly black) paint. Obviously, the less I get pulled over for stupid stuff like tint, the better (since I'll be getting pulled over more for other infractions ;) Id like to keep the car looking more sophisticated, and less like I'm still in Highschool, lol (no offense. But i'm 25 and that woulndn't be cool, lol)
Id like to ask the Subaru community here on WRXtuners, that if you have tint on your wrx, could you upload a photo of it into this thread, inlcuding in your post, what % the windows are? Id be a great way to expose the different levels of tint on the different models, paint colors, etc. Thank you everyone!!

Niki

#3 ·
I have executive tint on mine (the 07/first pic). Was just trying to keep with a them of the car being close to the same color(s). The second pic is my 05 with I believe 20% on it, not exactly sure as it was already on the car when I purchased it.

Attachments

#5 ·
Here's what 35% on all windows looks like.

On a sunny day, you can see right through it. On a cloudy day, it looks a little darker, but you can still see right through it. It matches the lighter colored tail light tint film pretty well and visibility at night isn't a problem.

Attachments

#7 ·
35% is more subtle if your going to have cop harrassment in your area. In my area.....they harrass and most of the local squads have a light gun they hold up to the glass that measures how much light passes threw it. If you're below their setting you fail. If your windows are dipped, you're SOL. If your tinted, they'll make you take the tint off, and have it re-inspected at the local officer station that issued you the warning. Failure to comply in a 15 days (i think), results in a ticket in the mail.

#9 ·
Wow! All the tint jobs look sick! I'm likin the 35% too! Thank you so much everyone for sharing your expriences and photos! Unfortunately i got my first ticket, haha. It was a matter of time. At least I made it a month. Chester COunty cops are rough. So, I think I'll be more modest to avoid more ammo they could use against me, and opt for the 30-35% range. It gives it a nice smoked look, but still provides some privacy.
Thanks again !!! :))

#13 ·
I'm thinking about doing mine in the next week or two... Probably the min in front then fade darker to the rear... Probably end up at 43-35-25. Hopefully it won't have that clear to black look that some guys have between the front and rear windows. Probably go to either Hi-Fi shop or Auto Trim Design here in Ogden, UT. The first shop quoted me at 170 for all five windows any tint. Still have to get a hold of the ATD guys as they were closed when I went by, and I hear they do a better job.

#18 ·
Thanks, I did it light like that b/c up until a month ago any tint on the front side windows were illegal. They just passed a law that made my set up legal so I can stop rolling down my windows when I pass cops. :sneaky:

I'm going to do the wife's wagon soon also. We're just waiting until Jan. b/c we might trade her 09 for the 2010 Outback b/c it has more room in the back. The car seats don't fit that well since we have twins and we have to have two seats in the back.

In Jan. her car qualifies for the guaranteed trade-in, so if they give us a good price I might get the 2010.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.