Tinted Tails and Chrome Bar Delete - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I responded to the same question in another thread: Lamin-X has several shades of tail light tint for 08+ Imprezas

Subaru WRX Impreza Sedan (2008, 2009, 2010) Tail Light Covers

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Unlucky_1 is an unknown
yeah its illegal in every state, but if you still want to tint your tails, i went to any auto parts store and got spray tint called VHT. its made specifically for tinted lights
#18 Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Keep in mind, if you ever want or need to reverse the tint, it is much easier to peel off a tinted vinyl sticker than it is to scrape off tinted paint. Imagine rubbing your tail lights with paint thinner or whatever other chemical you choose for hours... not my idea of fun. The vinyl stickers look just as good as the spray tint, although you probably won't have 100% coverage around the very outside edges, but that didn't bother me - and trust me, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my car.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#19 Old 09-18-2010, 05:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Unlucky_1 is an unknown
lol. ok you got me there. i did get one small run and i'm a perfectionist too and it was hell to get the vht off of there to respray them. on the upside, i got pulled over last week for having tinted tail lights and due to the fact that the spary goes on so light and even the state trooper looked and saw the oem stamp and let me go because he just assumed they came like that. dam the luck
#20 Old 09-18-2010, 05:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

subyaddict is an unknown
HeadlightArmor Clear, HID Blue, Racing Yellow, and Smoke Light kits
They sell precut laminate kits for almost any car. I have yellow fog covers that I bought from them two years ago and they still look awesome.
#21 Old 10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

orfitellig1 is an unknown
In regards to 08blackWRX, did you paint the chrome delete yourself or have it professionally done? Im looking to do the same to my 09 grey WRX but I dont want the super glossy car paint look to it. Im looking for more of a semi gloss almost high quailty abs plastic look, any suggestions?