Theft Prevention - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

HumP is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to HumP
How about a good quality alarm? I like DEI products (Viper / Python). They have some pretty high end products that offer a vast amount of extras. For the super paranoid I recommend adding the additional options:

1.) Tilt Sensor: So no one tows your vehicle or steals your rims.
2.) Motion sensor: Alarm goes off if movement is sensed within the vehicle
3.) Glass frequency sensor: certain items such as porcelain can shatter glass at such at a frequency that is undetected from outside. The sensor reads the frequency of glass shattering.
4.) Additional power source: If thieves disable your alarm the system will go off automatically unless it's disarmed by owner or valet mode is initiated first.

Make sure your LED is visible. Most of the times this will deter young thieves who want to just smash and grab. Make sure you get a remote with 2-way capability. This allows the alarm to let you know when it goes off. I have a LCD screen that lets me know when a door is opened or where the shock sensor went off etc…. Some other ideas include:

1.) Window tint
2.) Park next to a light source
3.) Place poisonous snakes in your vehicle at night........

If you need help picking out a product let me know. I'm a car audio Tech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

spt pitbull is an unknown
turbo timer

DUDES c'mon doesnt anyone have a turbo timer,now i know everyones probably gonna get james bond on me on how to do this and that,but honestly a turbo timer is one of the sweetest anti theft devices.if yer not familiar how they work,well its simple,it hooks up to yer ecu wires&IGNITION to activate simply park, lift e brake, turn car off,now that its activated u might may be able to start car w/out key (somehow)?? but put the e brake down and the timer SHUTS CAR RIGHT OFF!yer not going anywheres without the key for the timer senses all these motions(YOU NEED THE KEY)and further to help this 1980's fiero dude out(jk),it would be a pretty cool move not to give others ideas cause honestly,u cant really get around a turbo timer w/out the damn key!
#18 Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Anyone who knows what they're doing will jerk out the connections and bypass the timer, just like they'de bypass needing the key when stealing any other car.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#19 Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

thats cool man,if you know what yer doin!way start telling people how to do that sh!t to,its still not AS EASY AS U MAKE IT SOUND EITHER AND U KNOW THAT......ya ya i respect the fact that your ASE certified,e-1,e-2 certified& every other auto or electronic certification out there,but dude most car thieves dont even know what they are stealing never mind whats in it TRUUUUUST me on this(family of law enforcement)99% of these stupid criminals can't figure out that little box is even a turbo timer never mind what a turbo timer is & the function of what it does!!!and for a $100 a hks turbo timer is a gr888888888 investment,cause yer common sm@rt guy know it all who steals cars doesnt realize the deal w/turbo timers.(try to help people in here not have them spend more than 1/2 of what there cars worth on a security system that comes on a bugati!!!(LOL)imagine spending all that $ just for all of those, tech savvy,honor role,college grad,smart,head of the class thieves just looking to ruin yer day by stealing your car cause they cant get a job and have nothing better to do allllll day!!!.dude theres very few!!!!most people w/smarts work for a living.dont get me wrong yes i did see gone in 60 sec(LOL)but c'mon a simple device like that. once that thing shuts the car off i REAAAAAALLLY dont think there goin to sit there and start trouble shooting to try to find out why there felony in progress isnt working out.
#20 Old 05-14-2009, 08:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ That was not fun to read. In the future, could you please try to make what you write look somewhat normal? It doesn't have to be perfect, but you could start by using a few periods and two spaces after each one - not to mention losing the extra letters, numbers, and symbols that would have been more appropriate in a text message. It also takes away from the credibility of your statement. Not only do we have a tough time reading it, but it's even harder to take your advice to heart when it sounds like it's coming from a little kid. Thanks.

John
07 WRX
#21 Old 05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase,
An alarm would be ideal for safety and peace of mind. It protects your vehicle from car theft and the materials or items you have in your car. Seriously though, I would listen to pit bulls advice. There’s something about his sarcastic yet grammatically incorrect statement that says he’s a real winner.
#22 Old 05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
^ That was not fun to read. In the future, could you please try to make what you write look somewhat normal? It doesn't have to be perfect, but you could start by using a few periods and two spaces after each one - not to mention losing the extra letters, numbers, and symbols that would have been more appropriate in a text message. It also takes away from the credibility of your statement. Not only do we have a tough time reading it, but it's even harder to take your advice to heart when it sounds like it's coming from a little kid. Thanks.
dude yer attitude.........you shoud (def.)be driving a ford mustang!!!!!not a subie,in fact yer probably one of those to cool to wave to other wrx drivers.cause u see subie drivers help each other out not mumble f$%@ each other.you should check out ct.subie.com they have alotta wonderful helpful big shots in there like yerself.u might make some friends...DONT 4GET GUYS ANY HAND HELD STUN GUN TAKES OUT A ALARM!!!!BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT,BECAUSE I DONT INSTALL THEM FOR A LIVING OR ANYTHING SO SHHHHHHHHH
#23 Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt pitbull View Post
dude yer attitude.........you shoud (def.)be driving a ford mustang!!!!!not a subie
So, what you're saying is... mustang drivers value education, and subie owners do not? And you're proud of that? Maybe I should've bought a mustang...
#24 Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WReXd View Post
So, what you're saying is... mustang drivers value education, and subie owners do not? And you're proud of that? Maybe I should've bought a mustang...
Agreed. Its funny Im going to go and look at a few this weekend. Might be down a subie here shortly.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#25 Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

As stated before an external power source will help when the battery is disabled (Sorry Stun Gun). It will immediately cause the alarm to go off unless you manually shut it off using the valet mode. Some higher end alarms also have an internal power source as well. I don't know what your problem is with alarms... It's a sound investment that I think everyone should have one.

Once the alarm is purchased you can have all your extra goodies such as a turbo timer.
#26 Old 05-16-2009, 11:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
^Thank you. As I said earlier, it's the fact that there is an alarm that makes most lurkers want to go grab a car without one. I'd rather have an alarm scare someone off without trying to get in, or set off with minimal damage to the car than have someone jack up my lock or break my window before they found a turbo timer that will supposedly foil their plan.

I'd rather focus on keeping them out of the car, than screwing them over once they're in it. They might key pissed off that your kill switch or timer wouldn't let the car start and key the dash board. But if they want it bad enough, they are going to get it.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon