Tail Light Tint Help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
Tail Light Tint Help

So I was thinking of what percentage and what type of tint would look good on a 11 wrx sedan WRB for the tail lights. Something not to dark so I wont get attention from the cops, just something good enough. Any help on brands that are easy and look good? Also I have the 3rd brake light in the spoiler that is white so should I leave that alone or what? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-15-2012, 02:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That is just a matter of what you think looks good/you know your local police better than any of us too.

IMHO lightly tinting looks better than dark, mine were dark and I hated them. But then again....up to what you like

Tail Light Tint Subaru Impreza WRX - Precut Tint Film

this brand looks legit, but shop around.......GL.....................

.................................................. ..........CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#3 Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
i used vht tint in a spray can. the more you spray on the darker it gets. and light still pass through it. it cost around $16/can. in my case i used about 2 1/2 cans.

#4 Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
And personally I think that stuff is crap because it kills any reflectiveness of the tail light. Which I'd like any lawyer try to say VHT is D.O.T. approved because there is no way when its altering a D.O.T. approved tail light. I see people all the time almost get rear ended that "smoke out" there rear tail lights and you pretty much bring on yourself at that point. If you get sued, I bet the insurance company of the other driver will go after those tail lights and place the blame on the owner of the car that just got a-hole'd. But, people are going to do what they want and some states have inspections that will fail over a mod like this and other states have no inspections at all. So...to each his own and I'm glad you like your tail lights.

/end rant that was not meant as a personal attack on anyone. I'm just pointing out the other side of the coin.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#5 Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
tint or paint will kill the reflectiveness. with the 3rd brake like working fine and that we have reflective licences plates makes my car still visible during all types of weather/time of day.plus in the state of tn its not illegal. to be on the safe side you may want to check your local laws. also for more safety you could get a reflective licences plate frame to help out. i know this sounds like a lot to do to have black out taillights but it looks really nice with the whole black on black look.
#6 Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I spent over an hour sanding off my vht to get a new sticker....cop said he didnt care, but I still needed inspection...so sand paper it was
....Hated them anyway.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#7 Old 02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
yeah i deffinatly got pulled over for it and ticketed for it in AZ lol was enough of a b**tch ill NEVER tint my lights again.. And yes if you get rear ended your completly at fault and the other driver would win EVERYTHING they try to come after you for.. Just saying also i had used vht and it looked like garbage after a while so ide try tint just becuase you can take it off easily and less hassle
#8 Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

NJsupraWRX is an unknown
if you go with a light tint you will be ok, but anything dark nj state cops are a hassle waiting to happen. and the darker you do also its harder for people to see and for you to see when you reverse as well.