Subaru WRX Forum banner

Sun roof and seats

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  SlvrSleepr 
#1 ·
Hey i am looking to get a sunroof installed (wifey wants it), and wanted to know the best place to order it so i dont get F$&^%& by the dealer...
Also i have a 04 and the rear seats dont fold down but ive heard the rear STI seats fold down... where can i get rear seats for my 04 that fold down?? Please help thanks!Thumbs Up !Cry!

#2 ·
Sun roofs are definatley worth it. It would be nice if you got one that is bigger then the stock one if it is possible. Plus i would like to have rear seats that fold down so that I can throw my snowboard back there. So far i have fit 3 snowboards and a pair of skis through that lil tiney hole.

#3 ·
awdturbo04 said:
Sun roofs are definatley worth it. It would be nice if you got one that is bigger then the stock one if it is possible. Plus i would like to have rear seats that fold down so that I can throw my snowboard back there. So far i have fit 3 snowboards and a pair of skis through that lil tiney hole.

LOL nice!!!!

#4 ·
If I'm not mistaken only the seats in the Wagons fold down. The Sedan seats do not fold across the entire Impreza line. If they had them for the STi they'd offer them in all trim levels of the Impreza. (It would actually be cheaper to make it standard) Sorry but I'm pretty sure you are out of luck unless you have the Wagon for folding seats.

#17 ·
awdturbo04 said:
I heard that it allows the body to twist more when going around a corner but im not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about. Of course that would add more stress.
That is another drawback. It will cause the car to flex if you replace the rigid structure of the roof with rubber and glass.

As far as the hole not rusting my pops used to sell new cars. A lot of aftermarket sunroofs leak/rust. Many do not. It IS a risk you have to consider. I personally object to them. I also never used the moonroof in my Maxima very often so I wouldn't pay extra for one to be put in. If it was from the Subaru factory that is the best. It is covered by warranty and they tend not to leak/rust like aftermarket (most have drainage lines built in to keep water from sitting in there to cause the problems) Also the aftermarket ones don't usually have a sunshade and that sun shining down thru the roof can get quite irritating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.