Subaru WRX Forum banner

which subwoofers to get?

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Jave 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone has or has heard the pioneer premier subwoofers before. A friend of mine was telling me about them. 3000watt peak with 1000watts rms for only $260. I would probably get the 2500watt peak and 800rms. they are only $230. can anyone back these subwoofers up? That just seems like a lot of power to handle and inexpensive. My old rockfords were $220 a piece and had 1000 watt peaks.
or if anyone has any suggestions for some subwoofers. I am looking for something that will hit, hard. But i dont want my whole trunk to be a sub box. any help is appreciated.

#13 ·
JL for sure, i have a 15w3 with a JL 500/1 amp, ive had it for over 3 years and it performs amazingly. Some of the best sounding speakers IMHO, very deep and clean not that rattling loose bass that many subs make. And wattage isnt everything, my 1 15" hits way harder then my friends 2 HE Punch 15's with a 2000watt rms Brutus amp, hes quite jealous and dissapointed actually lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.