Subaru still 2006 hose kit - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-23-2014, 09:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

385STI06 is an unknown
Subaru still 2006 hose kit

Hey everyone.
I seen a lot of people rocking a hose kit for their engine bays. They look pretty clean looks a lot better then stock hoses I want a red kit but I want a quality brand that will last and look good anyone ever buy a kit did it satisfy the look you where looking for please name off some brands to choose from. Thanks also inside my arm rest I figured out the screws where missing i don't know how cause they were there before but anyways what size screw is the exact size anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-23-2014, 10:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Samco hose kit.
And I'm too lazy to look up screw size but the ken gilbert manual might help you out. ;-)
#3 Old 08-25-2014, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I second AllExtinct, Samco hoses are nuke proof. Grimmspeed makes some nice hoses too but they are black not red. If you stick to reinforced silicone you will pretty safe across the board.

Don't quote me on it but Im pretty sure Subaru uses 6x15mm with a 10mm hex top anywhere the interior plastic meets metal clips. At least for the head unit and dash they are rough cut self tapping screws.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#4 Old 08-25-2014, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Samco for me too! I really can't tell you why I picked Samco.

The install went smooth until I got to removing the lower pinch clamp from the stock bov return hose. I had to destroy the clamp to remove it Other than that I could reuse all the stock hose clamps.

Mishimoto has a deal that is hard to pass up. Cheaper than Samco,better warranty and they come with T-bolt hose clamps.

Still, I'm happy with my Samco hoses.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#5 Old 08-25-2014, 01:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Be careful reusing clamps as well.
I would pick up few new ones for the coolant lines just to save the headache down the line.
Vacuum lines are usually pretty good to reuse.