STi Styling on Standard WRX - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

tati25 is an unknown
I prefer Standard WRX. I think it looks better, but that's just my oponion...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

626wagonSTI is an unknown
As the badges goes... posing as an STI knowing its not is a bad thing. I own a 02 wagon WRX and it has a full complete EJ25 swap. I have an STI badge on it as well, but i could kind of back it up with what i got. I love my wagon.....
#18 Old 06-14-2010, 12:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

KCsubikid is an unknown
I am not a fan of putting on a bigger badge than your engine has. I think you should only have an STI badge if you have an STI, not parts from a different STI or other brand. Just my opinion. I would just get the look without the badge(minus the big wing).

Or instead of putting on a more expensive name, slap on a GEO badge and really scare someone with what your ride can do ha!

-Jason-
Protuned 4EAT- Helix DP, Grimmspeed CC UP, Grimmspeed EBCS, SPT CBE
#19 Old 06-14-2010, 04:41 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 626wagonSTI View Post
As the badges goes... posing as an STI knowing its not is a bad thing. I own a 02 wagon WRX and it has a full complete EJ25 swap. I have an STI badge on it as well, but i could kind of back it up with what i got. I love my wagon.....
Not to be a jerk or anything, but I also have an EJ25(5) what 06 and up WRXs come with, the STIs have and EJ257. Do you you also have the STI tranny and all? It just all goes back to personal preference and what you like. I love the look of a plain ordinary WRX, nothing special at all, no spoiler, no body kit, no badges. But thats my taste, everyones is different, if the owner likes it, so what, they are the one driving it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#20 Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 626wagonSTI View Post
If you want to badge your car as an STi that is your business, but I had a WRX with an EJ25 and it was no STi. If you have a WRX that is as fast or handles as well as an STi then leave it badged as a WRX, it will be more true and also more impressive.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#21 Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Well said Ryan. Speaking of, Im very proud and happy with my WRX, wish it were an STI? Sometimes, but I dont think I would be as far with my build (which Im rather happy with).

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yep, the wrx does leave you with more money to upgrade, but there is more to upgrade. We can get back into the age-old wrx/sti debate.

In the end, if I can go through with a full build, I would like to go stealth (black) FMIC and a painted to match CF hood with no scoop... I guess I could always get a base Impreza hood but the CF will shed a few lbs. I would like to look like a regular Impreza 2.5i from the front. The rear will always look a bit more aggressive than a 2.5i hatch, but from the front it should be a lot less obvious. I'm all about the sleeper look.

-Chris
#23 Old 06-14-2010, 11:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

rety1-1 is an unknown
Going back to badges just a bit how about the plastic-chrome 4X4 badges you can get at walmart? lol
throw that in with the GTR, ferrari, STi, and wrx badges and no one will have a clue what you're driving

wooot!!
new car!
'87 toyota supra turbo ;P
#24 Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Or you can just lose all the badges and add one badass scorpion.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#25 Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

footbkosec20 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to footbkosec20
Posts about street racing are not allowed. Please read the forums rules.

Last edited by Vew; 06-16-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: street racing
#26 Old 06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I am on board with most people here. If you like it, that is what matters. There is a 1995ish Pontiac Grand Am that I see every once and a while that has dual pipes, a bullet painting on the side, a huge aluminum spoiler and a "custom" hood scoop. That is what they like, doesnt mean I have to like it
Oh, and Ryan... nice call on the scorpion!!
#27 Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I saw a Ford Explorer with an unpainted 04/05 STi hood scoop at the Shell gas station in Frederick, MD the other night when I was filling up. The guy was driving it like an idiot too

I'm gonna say for STi styling on a Ford.

John
07 WRX