Subaru WRX Forum banner

STi Hood Scoop

7K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  jwtarbaj 
#1 ·
I have a MY04 WRX right now in Java Black Pearl. I want to get optimal flow to the intercooler so I am looking to buy a STi hood scoop (painted preferably) online to be a direct replacement for my WRX hood scoop. Anybody know where I can get this scoop?

Also I heard an air splitter will get ever more air to the IC and I saw this splitter.

http://wbrperformance.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=74
What do you guys think?

I will not be upgrading my IC, I will only go to the TurboXS stage 2.5.

#2 · (Edited)
Anyone have any side/diagonal pics of an '04 w/ the STI scoop but the stock WRX wing? I would like to do this too but have a feeling I won't like how it looks. When I picture it in my head it almost seems unbalanced w/out the big 'ol STI wing on the back. Thanks guys

Solice

IBAUCLAPla, you can get it unpainted here: http://fastwrx.com/stihosc2.html
I haven't found anywhere that sells it painted yet.

#4 · (Edited)
Does anybody have an idea on how much it will cost to paint the hood scoop? Also if I put the STi hood scoop on, should I get that scoop insert from Fastwrx.com or should I get the IC splitter from APS or both?

Edit: I just want to have the best flow of air to my stock IC. I thought STi hood scoop and APS splitter would do it, but do I have to get the scoop insert from fastwrx too or what?

#7 ·
i really dont see the point of the splitter, ive seen it on the stock STi but there is a rubber seal that covers the intercooler on the wrx, so all of the air that goes into the hood scoop goes on the intercooler. the splitter might speed the air up if anything. I would get one if they were like a quarter of the price that i have seen them for.

just not worth the money. IMO

#8 ·
IBAUCLAPla said:
I have a MY04 WRX right now in Java Black Pearl. I want to get optimal flow to the intercooler so I am looking to buy a STi hood scoop (painted preferably) online to be a direct replacement for my WRX hood scoop.
Did you ever get this IB? If so I'd like to see some pics so I can see how it looks on black Rex w/ factory wing. !Thumbs Up

Solice

#10 ·
I have an 04 silver WRX. I just recieved my painted STi hood scoop today, but I won't be able to return home until the weekend to install it. I ordered and had it painted from allsubaru.com. But, if you get it painted locally, it will probably run you about 60-70 bucks.

After this weekend, I'll have it installed and show you a picture if you'd like. I have a stock WRX wing. I ordered STi BBS rims but they probably won't be here for another week.

#11 ·
IBAUCLAPla said:
No haha I never did get it. I just made an IC water sprayer, so that should hold me. The scoop is on the bottom of the mod list to get with just extra cash I might have.
Yeah I know what ya mean about the scoop. How's the IC sprayer working? I'd like to do that but I tend to screw it up when I do it myself, haha.

Solice

#12 ·
Vew said:
After this weekend, I'll have it installed and show you a picture if you'd like. I have a stock WRX wing. I ordered STi BBS rims but they probably won't be here for another week.
Yeah man, when you get a chance snap a couple pics. I'd like to see how it looks. Did you get the silver or gold BBS wheels? I really like them (silver) but they're a little salty.

Solice

#23 ·
Quack said:
got my NIB OEM STi scoop from Ebay for $1 (+ $34 shipping from Japan)
Man, I saw that deal on EBAY but I saw it 2 days too late :( . That's one hell of a deal. How much did you pay for the paint. The one website says to add an extra $100 for it to be painted? That seems a little high to me IMO. There's no way I'm paying over $200 for just a scoop.

Solice

#26 ·
Nice! Man that worked out really good for you. Quick question for you and IB. Where can I get a good price on a set on Tein S. springs for the '04's? I found an awesome deal on them for the '02-03's but Cosmo said they're totally different for the '04's (really sucks).

Solice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.