• 1 Post By LW_Black4
  • 1 Post By basco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-05-2016, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mikea1 is a helpful contributing member
STI Cluster gauge swap unto my wrx 02

I've been researching about this.. can anybody confirm this

- I'll need an 04 STI cluster gauge for close to plug and play install I just need to cut the yellow/green wire forgot what pin.
- down side the outside temp display will not function and rear diff indicator light will always be on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 PM

mosc is known to be trustworthy and helpful mosc is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I don't remember very well but my memory is this is a royal pain if the WRX is 02-05 due to 16-bit and 32-bit ECU differences. I think what people used to do was go get a 98-00 JDM STi dash...

2015 STi: Still Stock
04 STi, 04 WRX: SOLD
post #3 of 13 Old 10-08-2016, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Get a JDM one from a V7 STi and save yourself the headaches. Otherwise you will be kicking yourself trying to figure out all the wiring....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 WRX 2.0L
08' LGT Gears
Spec C goodies

post #4 of 13 Old 10-09-2016, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

thanks! guys .. so version 7 is plug and play? my only concern with the JDM is the speedometer unit obviously its Km/h. is it possible to swap out the two speedometer?
post #5 of 13 Old 10-09-2016, 08:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea1 View Post
thanks! guys .. so version 7 is plug and play? my only concern with the JDM is the speedometer unit obviously its Km/h. is it possible to swap out the two speedometer?
Version 7 are completely plug and play. There are quite a few places out there that will flash the cluster to read in MPH or you can add a resistor pack to the harness yourself.

Or you can just pick up a UK V7 Prodrive* cluster which is already built for MPH

*All UK clusters are in MPH but the Prodrive just looks better

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
13 Abarth 500 - Stockish
- Matt
post #6 of 13 Old 10-09-2016, 07:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention
It's not that hard to figure out KPH to drive. I mean really it is just simple math, or you can look at the cluster above and see how things line up. As long as you know your points of reference you should be able to drive no problems.

FYI if you find a Spec C Type RA gauge cluster you'll get the sweet 10k tach and 260kph speedo
Attached Images

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 WRX 2.0L
08' LGT Gears
Spec C goodies
post #7 of 13 Old 10-09-2016, 07:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention basco is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
It's not that hard to figure out KPH to drive. I mean really it is just simple math, or you can look at the cluster above and see how things line up. As long as you know your points of reference you should be able to drive no problems.

FYI if you find a Spec C Type RA gauge cluster you'll get the sweet 10k tach and 260kph speedo
You mean like the S202 one sitting in my garage
post #8 of 13 Old 10-11-2016, 06:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage

10,000rpm, 260kp/h, carbon fiber, dccd... win?

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave
post #9 of 13 Old 10-11-2016, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Metric is better anyway, @psinuse . Ha ha.

Canadian WRX's get the dual km/mph speedos that go to 220 kph.
Attached Images

titter likes this.

Laszlo - white '11 STi sedan
Buckle up. The all-new WRX STi is here.

Last edited by LW_Black4; 10-11-2016 at 10:28 AM.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-11-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

thanks again for the info. brothers I found one V7 MPH unit.. but its located at Lithuania $330 ,,15 bucks shipping mint condition ...I'm just not sure now if its safe to order it from there..
post #11 of 13 Old 10-11-2016, 06:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea1 View Post
thanks again for the info. brothers I found one V7 MPH unit.. but its located at Lithuania $330 ,,15 bucks shipping mint condition ...I'm just not sure now if its safe to order it from there..
There are a few for sale on the Facebook Subaru for sale page. $345 is way too high. I just bought a spare prodrive cluster for $275 shipped and paypal'd
LW_Black4 likes this.

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
13 Abarth 500 - Stockish
- Matt
post #12 of 13 Old 10-25-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
There are a few for sale on the Facebook Subaru for sale page. $345 is way too high. I just bought a spare prodrive cluster for $275 shipped and paypal'd
Thanks Basco! But sad to say I cant find any other cheaper one Honestly I'm after the shift of the sti cluster I needed something to warn me of over revving while I'm doing the break-in process of hybrid engine once I mount my engine I mean.... but 345 bucks for that purpose is just too much... so I will back down from this project for now.... I decided to go instead with multiple gauges install and one of them is a Tachometer with shift light and audible sound warning.
Attached Images

post #13 of 13 Old 10-31-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

finish installing my multi gauges today
Attached Images