Stereo info help. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-05-2012, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jilty is an unknown
Stereo info help.

Hi,
I have decided to not get the nav upgrade from factory after a while of deliberation. I would like something that uses the stock accessory's like the usb in the arm rest and steering wheel controls.

Head Unit Replacment for 2012 nav is all I found so far, but no one had any solution.

If all I need is to purchase the adapters I have no problem doing that. And if that is all, does anyone have any suggestions/preferences for a new head unit?

I also plan on upgrading the stock speakers and adding an amp/sub, any suggestions on those?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

RINGY91 is an unknown
JVC KW-R500 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

thats what im going to put in my subbie soon, and all i need is an adapter once i find one that has good reviews ill send you a link so you know prices.

for amps and subs, I know people who really enjoy their kickers but im not sure about amps. hope this was a little help.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-06-2012, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jilty is an unknown
yeah it did, i appreciate the info. I wasnt really very talented with a google search, but your post brought me to crutchfield and i found something that i really like, and it even said how to make the controls work, and there was a usb port for the armrest port in the 12+ wrx in the back of the head unit. thanks a bunch man.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-06-2012, 03:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

BSherrod is an unknown
Ok so keNwood are the people that make the disks, adapters, and everything else Subaru can't put their name on. All their navi decks are pretty good, and the sounds are really nice too. (after all u can only hear as good as the deck can make things sound)
So kenwood have decks that can learn up to 8 stearing control features which covers us. I wanted the stock look so I didn't go there. But as for the speakers, I went dynAudio components for the front and left the stock speakers in the rear, added a jl10w6 sub, all powered by 2 jl mini amps. To make it work with the stock deck I added an audiocontrol Matrix. In all on the lower side of 2000. I have great tunes when I go through the USB in the arm rest and Bluetooth. Playing radio sucks though because the stock deck gets shittie signal to pass through the speakers. Mabey the 2015 wrx will have the taken care of. Good luck. If u are near Alhambra "the car shop" is the place to go. They have helped with most of my mods so far.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

RINGY91 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilty View Post
yeah it did, i appreciate the info. I wasnt really very talented with a google search, but your post brought me to crutchfield and i found something that i really like, and it even said how to make the controls work, and there was a usb port for the armrest port in the 12+ wrx in the back of the head unit. thanks a bunch man.

no problem guy im in the same boat as you haha i just need money to do what i want to install. Well im glad its not just me with crap signal for radio stations..I absolutely HATE my stock unit, the 6 cd changer ate all my cd's so if anyone what to donate money n help me out send me a PM ahahah