Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stearing Wheel Leather

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vew 
#1 ·
So, the leather on my stearing wheel has started to wrinkle and crack. Its on the upper right corner and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Im having to order a new one from Japan so its gonna be a while before its replaced and the dealer is being just a f*ck about the whole thing.:mad:

#3 ·
No external damage. Dont wear a ring or a watch. Not a drag mark. The dealer tryed to deny my claim so Ive gone straight to SOA. The rep ordered me a new wheel but its comming from the factory in Japan. The service manager at the dealership was just an ass!!! Ive been in and around the auto industry my whole life and never have I met someone as pompass as that sh*t head!! Anyone who knows anything about the service industry will tell you that interior claims never get denied. Short of cigerete burns everything is covered for almost the life of the warrenty. This asshat tried to play me over because he saw my pipe and boost guage thinking he'd blow me off.

#4 ·
GetUpInDer said:
No external damage. Dont wear a ring or a watch. Not a drag mark. The dealer tryed to deny my claim so Ive gone straight to SOA. The rep ordered me a new wheel but its comming from the factory in Japan. The service manager at the dealership was just an ass!!! Ive been in and around the auto industry my whole life and never have I met someone as pompass as that sh*t head!! Anyone who knows anything about the service industry will tell you that interior claims never get denied. Short of cigerete burns everything is covered for almost the life of the warrenty. This asshat tried to play me over because he saw my pipe and boost guage thinking he'd blow me off.

Ouch hey atleast there giving u a new one : ( cant u take it to another dealer?

Go raise hell bro

#5 ·
For care of your new steering wheel, use a leather cleaner, then a leather conditioner. (I use Zymol from Target) DO NOT use silcone type cleaners like ArmorAll. They will look like they're treated, but will dry out your leather and eventually in a year or so, will begin to crack and show signs of damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.