sound system - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-18-2005, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Stevegud1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 21
Images: 4
Stevegud1 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GASCOOBYCREW
I am not a BASS MONSTER and you need to pay more attention if you are gonna make comments like that.
To whom was this directed? Me? What is it that needs to be payed attention to? Which comments didn't you like, and what made you think it was an attack on you? I wasn't attacking anyone. His question was if anyone replaced the stock speakers and noticed improvement. My answer was yes, my Sonys sound much better than stock. You mistakenly said "There's no cheap ways to make it sound better"... Yes there is. It may not sound the way you would like, but I have a system that does sound much better than stock. I agree they won't perform the same as your $2000 set-up, but they're not meant to. You said yourself that the system you recommend will perform much better than expected. I commented (admittedly in a colorful fashion...appologies) that he should consider if he WANTS to pay a lot of money for a set-up that will perform better than expected. My experiences say that for what I want, the "Cheap Crap Sonys" are sufficient. Nothing more. No need to hate.

Steve

Last edited by Stevegud1; 08-18-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Stevegud1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#17 Old 08-18-2005, 07:08 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Nose Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,157
Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
i wouldent try to keep the power requirements close either, if you have difernt sized speakers, they will require diferent amounts of power.

tell me what your budget is, and your must haves and your would be nice's and we can try to get a good setup together for you

if you are working on a budget then dont worry about capacitors and the like, you will most likly not get multiple amps and subs right off the bat.

it also needs to be clerified what sort of sound you want; do you want agresive base? you want high end equipment? do you want something ANYTHING as long as its better then the wretched stock noncence? a budget would be the bigest help.

if you want to save yourself some agrivation, do everything you can in one go. if you do speakers now your going to sit infront of a mess of wires with your arms cramped in the center console trying to wire in your new speakers (unless you use the factory cabling, but your going to need to swap that out when you get your hu)

what sort of HU does your friend have? if your going to be running amps, make sure he has a pre out channel for each area you plan to run an amp (example: my hu has 3 pre outs, one for the front, one for the rear, and one for the subs)
what kinda of subs is he selling you? and there price if your worries about a bargain.

let us know if you have any more questions.
Nose Nuggets is offline  
#18 Old 08-18-2005, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Jave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,577
Images: 6
Jave is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
i wouldent try to keep the power requirements close either, if you have difernt sized speakers, they will require diferent amounts of power.

tell me what your budget is, and your must haves and your would be nice's and we can try to get a good setup together for you

if you are working on a budget then dont worry about capacitors and the like, you will most likly not get multiple amps and subs right off the bat.

it also needs to be clerified what sort of sound you want; do you want agresive base? you want high end equipment? do you want something ANYTHING as long as its better then the wretched stock noncence? a budget would be the bigest help.

if you want to save yourself some agrivation, do everything you can in one go. if you do speakers now your going to sit infront of a mess of wires with your arms cramped in the center console trying to wire in your new speakers (unless you use the factory cabling, but your going to need to swap that out when you get your hu)

what sort of HU does your friend have? if your going to be running amps, make sure he has a pre out channel for each area you plan to run an amp (example: my hu has 3 pre outs, one for the front, one for the rear, and one for the subs)
what kinda of subs is he selling you? and there price if your worries about a bargain.

let us know if you have any more questions.

well put....

budget is a must....
Jave is offline  
#19 Old 08-19-2005, 07:54 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
silver02wrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 89
silver02wrx is an unknown
alrite thanks. I want something that is better than stock yet not some piece of shit. As of now im thinking about getting mayb nice speakers for the front until I can save up and I dont even know if my friend still wants to sell me his pheonix gold sub. I love my poineers in the back. They provide more bass and I hoping to improve the bass in the front of the car and try to improve the quality of sound as much as possible. I forget what kind of hu my friend has.
silver02wrx is offline  
#20 Old 08-19-2005, 08:36 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
GASCOOBYCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 45
Images: 9
GASCOOBYCREW is an unknown
Stevegud1 Where do you get $2000. I said $200 (speakers) + $189( Cd PLayer) = $389 then tax here in GA is .07 so we get to $416.23 if he does the labor himself plus the money for a kit and harness sorry I forgot that so add another 25 on that. So yeah less than $500 still. Not a huge budget for car audio these days, but it would sound amazing. Most of my customers do not believe the sound quality of their JL's when they first install them.
GASCOOBYCREW is offline  
#21 Old 08-19-2005, 10:20 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,591
Images: 15
Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Well, I've been out of competitive car audio for about 10 years now, so I don't know what the top brands are these days, however, I will add something...

Stay away from Pioneer!!!

Their head units are terrible. They have always had the worst radio tuner in the industry, but now the rest of them is apparently horrible as well. My girlfriend's $500 CD player has been back to the service center twice in the 6 months since she has owned it, with two separate problems. My AVH-P7500DVD head unit, which I paid over $2000 for, has been down 4 times in the past year. It's currently malfunctioning again, and Pioneer said they won't fix it any more, even though it has been a different problem every time. So, basically, I paid a lot of money for something they won't stand behind.

The place that services our Pioneer stuff (who also services Alpine, Kenwood, and Clarion) says that 80% of the head units they service are Pioneer.

I guess I'll add that car audio used to be what I did for a living, so they were installed correctly and all that...
Cosmo is offline  
#22 Old 08-19-2005, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Nose Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,157
Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
ouch cosmo, that sucks man. i guess ive been lucky with the few Pioneer components i have had.

phenix gold? my girst amp was phenix gold.... it was 1200W and cost me $89 at a flea market


and it was purple..... oh the 90's....
Nose Nuggets is offline  
#23 Old 08-19-2005, 05:07 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
GASCOOBYCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 45
Images: 9
GASCOOBYCREW is an unknown
I sell Pioneer and I hardly ever have any to go to service. I stand behind them 100%. Cosmo If you want me to take a crack at Pioneer let me know we have a great relationship.
GASCOOBYCREW is offline  
#24 Old 08-19-2005, 05:32 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Jave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,577
Images: 6
Jave is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
...My AVH-P7500DVD head unit, which I paid over $2000 for, has been down 4 times in the past year. It's currently malfunctioning again, and Pioneer said they won't fix it any more, even though it has been a different problem every time. So, basically, I paid a lot of money for something they won't stand behind....
should have went with a carPC and spent about 500 less.
Jave is offline  
#25 Old 08-20-2005, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,591
Images: 15
Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jave
should have went with a carPC and spent about 500 less.
They weren't on the market when I bought my deck. Mine was one of the first three in the country.
Cosmo is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On