some pictures of my new bug eye projector headlights - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 11-21-2009, 01:27 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
OK... I sprayed them black, what do you think? I think I am going to get pulled over alot! But I also think it looks a ton better black.
Attached Images

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 11-21-2009, 01:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
wow....that looks awesome. what do you think? which one do you like better?

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#48 Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
I dont know now, I almost like them better white.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#49 Old 11-21-2009, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Awesome, even more so because you fabbed them up, I think that's very cool. You could always try them all white? But I really didn't care for them in half and half. Nice work man.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#50 Old 11-21-2009, 04:39 PM
WRXpert

Thanks...
I am happy with them and most likely will keep them black, they just look like the lens are tinted really dark.
When i was aiming them in the back of a grocery store a cop rolled up on me to see what I was doing. So I asked him if this lights would be illegal and he said, "Why would they be illegal, they have a turn signal, a running light and a driving light, seems pretty legal to me." but that doesn't mean that they will pass inspection which is OK because i still have my stock headlight that I can throw in for inspection.

I will try to get some night shots but living in the city its hard to find a dark parking lot to take some photos.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#51 Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I like the black alot more! Looks really good. Nice job.
#52 Old 11-21-2009, 05:22 PM
WRXpert

Thanks
Here are a couple of nights shots looking down the side of my yard into the woods from the driveway. Pretty freaking bright huh?
Attached Images

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#53 Old 11-21-2009, 06:19 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Good lord they are bright. And they do look good black, but I like the contrast they gave when they were white.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#54 Old 11-21-2009, 06:59 PM
WRXpert

I think I liked the white better, but I will keep them black for now. Down the road I will be painting the whole car deep dark green and I'll probably do the insides all green.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#55 Old 11-21-2009, 07:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I liked them white, but now that I see black...wow, do they give a clean look to your frontend!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#56 Old 11-21-2009, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wow... I think I don't really like them in all black. The light cutoff is awesome and they're incredibly bright, so that part is good. Something about the front end of the car gives me the impression that it's a work in progress. Maybe if you throw a layer of light smoke tint on the fog lights it would complete the look - but that's sort of pointless because it will cut down on the amount of light given off by them, but since you headlights are so bright, you don't really need the extra light from the fogs... I dunno. I'd like to see how they'd look sprayed in white. If you keep them black, maybe it would look ok if you also painted the two little plastic trim pieces between the headlights and the grill black... and maybe the hood scoop too. Something just kind of looks "off" to me.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#57 Old 11-21-2009, 07:46 PM
WRXpert

I thought about painting the 2 plastic pieces by the grill but I think it would look like a raccoon.

Paint the hood scoop black, are you kidding me, that would look pretty retarded!

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#58 Old 11-21-2009, 08:09 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
I think I liked the white better, but I will keep them black for now. Down the road I will be painting the whole car deep dark green and I'll probably do the insides all green.
Thats what Im talking about. Something different, but clean. Im still eventually painting my 07 the Spec-C yellow/orange color. And I will just throw this out there to be me, "I told you so", lol, about the white. Either way is awesome that you did what you did and the lighting is amazing.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#59 Old 11-22-2009, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah, I suppose if you painted the hood scoop black, it would look like you just bought an aftermarket scoop and were too lazy to paint it to match. I'm still a huge fan of a black/carbon hood with a body color matched hood scoop on any car besides black, but that might be too much black on your car and it would be a lot of work/money. How about a set of fog light covers? I apologize for the horrible paint rendering, but I just wanted to see how it might look.
Attached Images

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#60 Old 11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
WRXpert

I actually was thinking about those covers for the fogs, then I saw Hella makes a fog light with a tinted lens that goes clear when you turn it on and is brighter than the stock fogs.
Attached Images

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ