Subaru WRX Forum banner

Smell please help

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  awdturbo04 
#1 ·
Alright so we had a party the other day and cleaned up the next morn. I had 3 trash bags full of beer and liquor. I had the bags in there for like an hour and a little bit of beer spilled in my trunk on the liner. I took the liner out and I am cleaning it but my whole car smells like brew. I have to get the smell out because my parents drive it and I sprayed it with axe body spray but that didnt work, i drove it for a while with all windows open and the trunk vent thing in the back seat open and that didn't work. Now it is sitting my my garage with trunk open, all windows open, vent open and I sprayed again. Any ideas how to get the smell out, my dad drives my car and I can't let him smell that or else Im grounded because im only 16. Thanks

#2 ·
Same thing happened to me. Put a 6 pack in my trunk and for got about it. The beer got hot roled around one of them blew open and the whole car smelled like beer. Luckily it was only on the bottom part of the trunk just take it out let it air out ofer night and leave the trunk open.

#11 ·
fc735 said:
strange "skunky aroma" from some funny cigarette
Lol, thats nice but nobody smokes in my car. But I don't need to worry about beer all i need is help with the following questoin.

If I was at party with liquor there and no supervision and police ended up coming, is there any way I could get in trouble since they can't prove I did anything wrong?

#13 ·
no, you will be fine. cops aint gonna try to bust you, and they cant legally charge you with consumption without having hard evidence. such as a blood test, or seeing you do it.

most police officers are looking to arrest CRIMINALS, not kids having fun.

most of the time....

#14 ·
I beg to differ. The crime rate the Northern Virginia area is non-existant and cops go after kids more than anything else. Yeah we have the usual robberies and car thefts but nothing serious. For example, in a city that has a raduis of 2 miles there are 50+ police cruisers. What do they do with all of those? Give people speeding tickets for doing 27 in a 25 or arresting kids having fun. My friend got his lisence a year late, because some cop caught him drunk when he was 14. No alcohol was on him, but he was drunk; might have been apple cider but who knows.

Sorry for the rant, but when someone says cops are out looking to arrest only criminals thats just bull. Cops will catch anyone they can, regardless criminal or kid. And this is where the hypocricy comes in. I am sure these same cops sped and got drunk when they were kids, but now they have to be a pain in the neck for kids. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that they put their lives on the line to protect us and all.

So yeah, you can still get hasseled for it and a warning. And yeah they can give you a ticket too if they wanted, because you're driving a car that smells like alcohol and the first thing they are going to think is that you were drinking.

#15 ·
fc735 said:
most police officers are looking to arrest CRIMINALS, not kids having fun.

most of the time....
LoL, tell that to the police at my college, WVU. Granted, we are a college town, and all we pretty much do is drink and number 5 ranked party school according to Playboy. On a nice weekend night, you can expect atleast half a dozen patrol cars stationed in our party central, Sunny Side. You should see this place on a game day =D. Go to collegehumor.com and search WVU.

#16 ·
Holy shit dude. I live in morgantown. I always party on gilmore street its like 3 blocks up from sunny side and every now and then I go to a party with a friend on sunny side. I live over in south park. lol we have burned so many couches and shit here on grant and sunny side its not even funny. But about the party thing the last 3 parties that i have ben to the cops have come. It has gotten so bad that as soon as i get to someons house i find the back door and unconchiuosley stay close to it.

nice to meet someone that lives in morgantown.

#17 ·
Haha, that's awesome dude, we'll have to meet up sometime. I live in Arnold Hall. You're basically in the same area. You really gotta look at how well the people throwing the parties know what they're doing. There are so many things that cops look at before they actually go in and bust one.

Sorry I missed your IM, I was at work and people not on my list don't recieve my away messages.

~ and I apologize for getting everyone off topic, but it's cool to run into a local =) ~

#18 ·
Cops deffinently dont try to bust kids. I got arrested for a few serious charges and got 8 weeks probation thats all. Cops also cannot arrest you about drinking unless you are publicly drunk, or they see you drinking. You can walk around with a beer thats not open right in front of a cop if your over 18 as well. Its really really really hard to get arrested for underage drinking unless the cops bust the party. I dont think you have anything to worry about. Cops were kids too =D

#19 ·
ya, i broke in to an abondoned house. well i drove some people to the house to break into it, but they told me i was still respaonsible for it. any way they let me off scott free with only a lecture and a sorry letter to the guy that owned the land. I dont think most cops are out to get kids having fun but "MOST" is the opretive word there. seems like i get pulled over every other day for not having a front tag.

#20 ·
Man i dont think you have to worry bout shit man, im going to the Unv. of Colorado @ Boulder and its the number 1 party school in nation... Yup, i know a shitload bout parties and those cops wont do anything to you.. Chances are your parents will do a lot worse.. But just to let you know, beer spilled in my trunk too and the wooden sheet that covers the spare tire will rot away and stain if you dont get that shit dried.. haha mine did, but its all good.. give you some good memories in your rex.. good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.