sleeper wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-03-2008, 12:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

sacry_05wrx is an unknown
sleeper wrx

Hey i have a silver 05 wrx and was wondering if you guys had any ideas (such as paint color) to turn it in to a sleeper. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

MetalGearRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to MetalGearRX
But arent WRXs hard to make into sleepers to begin with?
#3 Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrXmon is an unknown
Let's see:

- unpainted mirror caps
- RS hood
- black-painted FMIC
- wingless trunk
- stealth exhaust e.g. Borla twin tip or Maddad whisper
- absolutely no badges!

That just should do it.
#4 Old 02-03-2008, 07:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
...or you could go the other route:

- bolt on the biggest aluminum whale tail spoiler you can find, crooked or backwards
- put stickers all over it (esp. hot wheels, NOS, anything yellow, APC, etc.)
- paint random body pieces different colors so it looks like you scrapped the thing together using junk yard parts (extra points for rusted, scratched, primered, or dented parts)
- use the biggest muffler cans you can possibly find (6" or bigger should do the trick) and set up a dual exhaust
- definitely buy some equal length headers to get rid of the boxer rumble
- one "cool blue" halogen headlight and one "yellow" halogen headlight (steer away from hid's) and one burned out fog light if you have those
- eye lids
- get some chrome window tint or that stuff that fades from one color to black OR, better yet, install cheap black tint with lots of bubbles and use lots of ammonia on it so it fades and turns purple
- put STi stickers all over it in places where they shouldn't be
- keep your intake silencer on
- duct tape a snow shovel on your hood for the biggest, most obnoxious hood scoop possible
- put on a body kit, but don't paint it, and make sure it fits poorly with lots of gaps
- maybe don't use a couple of your exhaust hangers - just enough so the thing sways violently, but won't fall off
- underbody neon
- and a rotated GT35R with all supporting mods should about do the trick !Laugh!

John
07 WRX
#5 Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
...or you could go the other route:

- bolt on the biggest aluminum whale tail spoiler you can find, crooked or backwards
- put stickers all over it (esp. hot wheels, NOS, anything yellow, APC, etc.)
- paint random body pieces different colors so it looks like you scrapped the thing together using junk yard parts (extra points for rusted, scratched, primered, or dented parts)
- use the biggest muffler cans you can possibly find (6" or bigger should do the trick) and set up a dual exhaust
- definitely buy some equal length headers to get rid of the boxer rumble
- one "cool blue" halogen headlight and one "yellow" halogen headlight (steer away from hid's) and one burned out fog light if you have those
- eye lids
- get some chrome window tint or that stuff that fades from one color to black OR, better yet, install cheap black tint with lots of bubbles and use lots of ammonia on it so it fades and turns purple
- put STi stickers all over it in places where they shouldn't be
- keep your intake silencer on
- duct tape a snow shovel on your hood for the biggest, most obnoxious hood scoop possible
- put on a body kit, but don't paint it, and make sure it fits poorly with lots of gaps
- maybe don't use a couple of your exhaust hangers - just enough so the thing sways violently, but won't fall off
- underbody neon
- and a rotated GT35R with all supporting mods should about do the trick !Laugh!
AAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

12.7 @ 109
#6 Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

do u guys have any sugestions for paint color to keep the cops off me
#7 Old 02-03-2008, 11:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'd avoid bright colors like red, yellow, orange, neon green, etc...

but honestly, I don't think it's the color of your car that attracts cops. I'd say it's more the way you drive it. Just don't drive wrecklessly and keep the rpms and speed down when they're around and you'll probably be fine.

John
07 WRX
#8 Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
I thought that a sleeper was a car that looks stock and only has performance and suspension mods.
keep it the stock color. as soon as you paint it a color other that stock, you will be noticed all the time. so it really dosen't make it a sleeper any more.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#9 Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
I thought that a sleeper was a car that looks stock and only has performance and suspension mods.
keep it the stock color. as soon as you paint it a color other that stock, you will be noticed all the time. so it really dosen't make it a sleeper any more.
Yea i guess thats true but when i got my wrx it had some body damage (over $1000 of it) and when i get it fixed i was thinkin about paintin it a different color.
#10 Old 02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr04wrx is more helpful than not
You should keep it silver, but that my opinion!
#11 Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
I thought that a sleeper was a car that looks stock and only has performance and suspension mods
Yeah, it is... I was just kidding with my first reply. wrXmon was pretty much spot-on with his reply. That's typically what people do to create WRX sleepers.

I'd vote to keep your car silver too. If you change the color of your car, unless it's a really nice professional job, a lot of times the value of the car actually goes down. You also have to worry about painting the door jambs, engine bay (sometimes), under the hood and trunk, and trunk jamb just to make sure everything matches. Then if somebody was to pull up the carpet or do any kind of interior work, they'd immediately see what the stock color was and wonder if it was in an accident. Sounds like a lot of trouble if you ask me.

John
07 WRX
#12 Old 02-03-2008, 02:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

now that i think about it ill keep it silver
#13 Old 11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

ghostlight is an unknown
silver is the least likely color to be in a crash from what i'm told. i have a silver car and cope leave me alone.

When i'm behaving (see them first) that is.
#14 Old 11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Holy resurrected thread Batman. LOL

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#15 Old 11-09-2009, 06:09 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
Holy resurrected thread Batman. LOL
And then you have to put it back at the top, lol. I thought the same thing, but you said it first.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"