Securing items in trunk - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-30-2003, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

T-Bone is an unknown
Securing items in trunk

Are there any products out there (I'm sure there are) that are used to keep things in the trunk from sliding around? I'm thinking mabey some sort of sliding bar that wedges itself against the sides of the trunk. There aren't any tie-downs or anything in the WRX trunk (sedan).

When I go around corners I'd rather hear my tires squeal than my junk in the trunk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2003, 06:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Darkstar is an unknown
I would love to have what you are talking about ( 75% of my driving is on twisty roads), but I have not seen it. I ended up just using my car cover to keep things from flying around back there. If you canít find anything I would just use a few large blankets to keep your cargo to one side of your trunk. Let us know if you find anything better.

One rex to rule them all, One rex to find them, One rex to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Subaru where the RE92s lie.
#3 Old 02-02-2003, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

KZMY WRX is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to KZMY WRX
Re: Securing items in trunk

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Bone
Are there any products out there (I'm sure there are) that are used to keep things in the trunk from sliding around? I'm thinking mabey some sort of sliding bar that wedges itself against the sides of the trunk. There aren't any tie-downs or anything in the WRX trunk (sedan).

When I go around corners I'd rather hear my tires squeal than my junk in the trunk
Here is an Idea. Mabe this and some (THIS)

And some TIE DOWNS hooked to the back of your seats.

Dj Charlee
San Diego, Ca
www.djcharlee.com
#4 Old 02-03-2003, 09:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

T-Bone is an unknown
I think this is what I was thinking of:
http://www.keepercorp.com/prod/ltb.htm

I also found the same organizer that KZMY posted for cheaper:
http://www.accessconnect.com/space_m...argo_area_.htm

I'll let you know if I find anything else.
#5 Old 02-12-2003, 08:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

WizzD is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WizzD
I know what you want. It's a cargo bar with netting attached. I think this is what you mean. I used to have in installed on my old car but haven't put it back in this one. I will see if I still have it in my basement and will sell it or you can buy it online. Here is the pic and the link.
http://www.autoanything.com/statyte.asp
#6 Old 02-12-2003, 09:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

T-Bone is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by WizzD
I know what you want. It's a cargo bar with netting attached. I think this is what you mean. I used to have in installed on my old car but haven't put it back in this one. I will see if I still have it in my basement and will sell it or you can buy it online. Here is the pic and the link.
http://www.autoanything.com/statyte.asp

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure that I would use the net. Basically I've just a tool box and a milk crate full of fluids, jumper cables, rags, etc. I think that the bar from keepercorp.com will work just fine for me. Why aren't you using it in your new rex?
#7 Old 02-12-2003, 10:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

WizzD is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WizzD
I try not to keep too much stuff in the trunk of my Rex. I keep the jumper cables underneath with the spare and that's just about it. I really don't have the need for it.
#8 Old 02-26-2003, 07:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

uurex is an unknown
Let me know if any of you actually implement something that works well in the WRX. I have the same problem and it drives me nuts.
#9 Old 02-26-2003, 11:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

4WDrift is an unknown
We carry a tool kit in the trunk in a rubbermaid container strapped to the childseat clip points inside, and the back of the container is strapped to the two little hooks at the top of the trunk (they are the end of the metal bar that goes side to side - it is bodycolor) It never makes a peep. The box is about 30 pounds, also. You can barely see the straps from inside and the points are rock solid. Your kids won't mind, either
#10 Old 02-27-2003, 09:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

T-Bone is an unknown
Child seat harnesses - good idea. I was doing something similar with bungee chords to secure my milk crate and tool box, but they had to be centered in the trunk, which interfered with putting my skis throught the arm rest pass-through. It was just too much of a pain to undo the bungees when I went skiing. I think that the bar could be quicker for me. As soon as I get my tax return I'll get the bar and let everyone know how it works. Probably getting a short shifter too.