Sea Foam - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-26-2009, 12:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Sea Foam

hay guys just got some sea foam just wanted to know other than the gas tank and crank case (oil) what would be other places I could put it to clean stuff out I know It says you can put it in the intake but where would I do that???
any help would be great! also got the Sea Foam for the Trans and how would I put that in?

2005 WRX
Borla XR-1 CBE Best Purchase so far

"Wax on wax off"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
I put it in the intake either through the brake booster vacuum line or the pcv. It's best to do it when the engine is already hot, let it get down in there and simmer on the valves etc. I pour enough in that the car won't start right away (I basically flood it)

It's best to do this in somebody else's neighborhood though, as the smoke will be pretty dense when the engine first starts, and will last for a few miles It's thick enough that they won't be able to get your license plate number !
#3 Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
I put it in the intake either through the brake booster vacuum line or the pcv. It's best to do it when the engine is already hot, let it get down in there and simmer on the valves etc. I pour enough in that the car won't start right away (I basically flood it) !
NEVER DO THAT!! By putting that threw the brake booster line it will only be feeding mainly the number 4 cylinder and by dumping that in there so it will hardly start is not a good idea at all. Just follow what the can says and it will work great.
#4 Old 03-26-2009, 08:53 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
You're right, sorry for the misinformation. I must have used the brake booster line on one of my other cars. The pcv worked great on my 1.8 impreza. Getting it into all cylinders is the key for it being effective.
#5 Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
PCV What and where is that!

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
#6 Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 AM

Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. On the 1.8, it's right next to the throttle body at the top of the plenum. I'll have to look at my rex when it get's light out to see if it's in the same place. Basically, you can use any orifice in the intake to get the sea foam into the cylinders. I have used that method on quite a few engines, with success.
#7 Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Not in the brake booster... Do it through the BPV.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#8 Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
^^ that is how i did mine, just take the vacume hose of the BPV.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#9 Old 03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Then what I just pure it in?

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
#10 Old 03-28-2009, 08:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
SLOWLY pour it in when it's running. (Some ppl say to keep the rpm's up around 2K while doing it) I don't. Like a 1/4 of the can. Remainder of the can in your tank. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then take it for a spin. Every1 has their own way of doing it.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#11 Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
SeaFoam is some great stuff it will really clean your fuel system, and its even made to put in your transmission and oil, it's a really great product all the way around haha
#12 Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson View Post
Then what I just pure it in?
yep, the vacuum will suck it in

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#13 Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
I just use a double barb and another piece of 3' clear tubing or old vacuum tubing.Plug the barb into the BPV line and hook the other hose to it and set the Seafoam can on battery.I stick a bolt in the tubing so I can just start the car without getting a CEL.A soon as you take out the bolt,stick it in the can and you will have to manually work the throttle to keep the car from dying.Don't rev it super high,just enough to keep it from stalling untill the can is almost empty.When the can is getting to the bottom,let the car stall out and let it sit for 10 minutes.Remove the double barb and tubing and hook the BPV back up.Start it (it might stall the first try or two) and go for ride.Try to go WOT a couple of times.This works best in lower gears to keep your speed down.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#14 Old 03-28-2009, 10:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

it would be funny if you had a Methanol kit you could just inject the SeaFoam threw that lol
#15 Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
i seafoamed my car today. put it in the gas tank crank case, and the brake boost. car sounds louder and the turbo sounds much louder as well. runs much smoother too. gota love seafoam