Subaru WRX Forum banner

Removing Subaru Lettering on Trunk

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NYsPrettiBoi 
#1 ·
I was wondering if these an easy sollution to taking off the lettering on the back on the trunk that says subaru on the 05'

It doesnt seem to be screwed in or anything for i can open the trunk and look directly under where the letters on put on and there is no screw or bump[ and only about 1 cm of space so i do believe that they are glued on some how.

Heres a pic if u dont know what im talking about.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just heat it up under the sun or with a hair dryer and use some fishing line to get behind the emblems. They are held on with double sided tape. Then use some elbow grease to remove to left over glue and use some goo gone stuff to help remove them. Then just clean up the area with some light compound and wax.
There might be another write up on it on here, http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4185

#3 ·
For the life of me I cannot find the video link, but I came across it a few months ago where two STi owners found out a way to remove them in pretty much 10 minutes. You can remove the emblems with the floss first OR leave it on and it will take two passes to remove it.

Basically, buy a can of Turtle wax bug and tar remover (the foam spray). Coat it on heavly over the glue. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Take a terry cloth, and wipe it off. Easy as that.

#5 ·
get a flat head...and pop each letter off...its like a 5 minute job....and if ## selfconcious about the look.....i say leave it on...if this car is old...wats gonna happen is...## gonna have the original color of the car under the letters...and when u pop one out...its gonna be darker than the rest of the car since the sun tends to fade the cars color...

edit- i joined so i can reply to this and as a guess i couldnt read anything but the first post...so i thought nobody answered but heres im not deleting my reply so it can be used for future references

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.