Red Mud Flaps! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-23-2010, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Red Mud Flaps!

2007 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX

New goodies...
Red Rally Armor Mud Flaps
2004/2005 OEM tail light assemblies
chrome/amber turn signal bulbs (in tail lights)
JDM bulb rearrangement (not shown)
third brake light tint film removed

Some love it, some hate it, but that's just the way it goes. The Yakima snowboard roof rack will go on again soon with everything debadged except for a red rally pig sticker. I got entirely too many dirty looks from the "NICE RACK" sticker last season
Attached Images

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-23-2010, 04:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

shaggy is an unknown
looks good!! goes good with your calipers. now you need some red up front. red grill would be cool

SHAGGY
WRX- If you like fast, you'll love faster.
#3 Old 10-23-2010, 06:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
I love it.....i want to be on your car.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#4 Old 10-23-2010, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
god I hate MD front plates! I'll regret the day I have to put mine back on

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#5 Old 10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

mfarnham is an unknown
I'm surprised at how awesome the red flaps look on the black car. They go well with the 04/05 tails.

Mike
#6 Old 10-23-2010, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Meh.... I just can't do red flaps (although I do have flaps), buuuuut you like it and that's what matters.

-Chris
#7 Old 10-24-2010, 12:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
@ shaggy: Thanks! I'm surprised how close the shades of red match. The calipers, flaps, and tails are actually all pretty close in color. I do have a little red up front - the two Hella Supertone horns behind the front grill in the middle, but they're faded to an almost dark pinkish color form being in the sun for years... it's about time for a fresh paint job on those or a new set. A red grill would be cool - I've been debating about doing a red pinstripe around the grill, but I don't want to overdo it. Maybe I should paint my lip red?

@ Randy: Thanks! I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

@ Matt: Yep, I dislike having a front plate too, but at least the front bumper has a built in area to hold it. If I didn't have a front plate, that area would bother me. I'd either have to have it smoothed and repainted or run some kind of front plate delete.

@ Mike: Thanks! I was really REALLY on the fence about these. I was so close to getting a set of black flaps with red letters, but I decided to be different. I've only ever seen one WRX with the red flaps in person - it was silver and it actually didn't look very good, but it was off in the distance and driving, so I didn't really get a good look at it. Other than that, I could only find a few random pics online to go by and something about the black/red combo just popped and I wanted to stand out a bit. There was actually a brief period of several days when I had the red flaps with the tinted 07 tails and it just didn't look right at all. Once the 04/05 tails went on, it looked much better (to me anyway).

@ Chris: I appreciate your comment. Believe it or not, I think just about every other day I either really like them or I really hate them... but then I look at them again and decide that I like them. It's a really weird feeling. Part of me is almost embarrassed to drive the car sometimes, but then the other part is excited to show it off because it's a little different. It certainly turns heads which I guess is what I wanted. The feeling is probably similar to Honda owners who paint their hatches mint green and throw on a set of pink/purple wheels... wild colors seem to be all the rage these days. Maybe by trying to stand out, I won't stand out at all?

John
07 WRX
#8 Old 10-24-2010, 03:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Lol I hear you. I try not to think what people think of my car, even though it is relatively stock in looks. Japanese 4-cylinder, mudflaps; they see ricer. Oh well, I like it.

On a related embarrassing note, my local forum has one of the big dealers out here offering 10% off on all parts and service... I ordered new case bolts for my engine block and of course when I go pick them up at the dealership they're under the name ricerswetdream, not Chris. Kind of embarrassing as the girl was chuckling.

-Chris
#9 Old 10-24-2010, 08:06 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
John if you wanted attention you definetly got it. I honestly cant say I like them, but at the same time I cant say I dont like them. Im very happy to hear you are digging them, thats the big thing.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Powder Monkey is an unknown
Smile Upgrade the Crossbars to Match Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
. . . The Yakima snowboard roof rack will go on again soon with everything debadged except for a red rally pig sticker. I got entirely too many dirty looks from the "NICE RACK" sticker last season
Bummer that the "Nice Rack" sticker has to come off. . . but understood. Your ride is pretty sweet. To continue the trend, you might consider upgrading your round Yakima crossbars to SmartCrossbars™ - Wasatch Powder Monkeys SmartCrossbars - Roof Rack crossbars for integrated equipment transportation and storage - their aerodynamic shape and hard anodized metallic color will surely look better than the boring originals. Plus you'll get the added benefits of improved gas mileage and the grace of the quick-release system.

Either way - nice car, especially with the red flaps!
#11 Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

SmartCrossbars are a pretty cool idea. Since I custom-mount my roof rack (instead of sandwiching the Q-clips between the window glass and molding like Yakima intended), I have to remove the weather strips on my roof to access the tabs where my modified Q-clips attach and that takes some time, so I leave the rack on all season. The biggest killers of gas mileage for me are probably the fairing and the snowboard carriers, not so much the bars, so the biggest advantage of those bars for me would be the quick-release system so I could remove the carriers when I'm not using them. The Q-Towers, bars, and probably the fairing would stay on throughout the season. The carriers are not very difficult to remove anyway - it's just a matter of unlocking several locks and removing several screws, but I'm too lazy to do that. I definitely notice a fairly significant decrease in gas mileage with the rack on - without it, I can easily get 300+ miles out of each tank, but with it, I'd be lucky to get 280. If they came in black (or red! lol), I might seriously consider getting a pair as the savings in gas (if I were to actually remove the carriers when I'm not using them) would probably pay for the bars in the long run.

John
07 WRX
#12 Old 11-26-2010, 02:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

johnsons63 is an unknown
the color combination of red flaps with its black body is so nice. i really like it specially the front view.
well done man...