Subaru WRX Forum banner

Rear tint overlays

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
Would a 2013 rear tint over layer for a wrx hatchback lights fit on a 2014 rear lights?

#4 ·
Everyone i talked to around here (tint shops, and tuning shops) all said that overlays are not the best route... Apparently it is only a matter of time before the overlays will start to crack and flake off.
I bought VHT nightshade and did the taillights myself. Personally I love them! it was a fun little project, I got them to just the right amount of tint after a few coats. And if you wanted you could put some cool design into your light (I just tinted everything but the reverse and the blinkers which is pretty common)
Sorry if I recapped on what someone else already said, I read the topic and immediately posted without reading other comments. Either way have fun with it.

#18 ·
I got some smoke spray for my wag. Took out the tail lights and whatnot, And the finish was actually really nice. I had some problems with smearing and running of the spray but it turned out really good imo. It came out a bit darker than I originally intended but it doesnt seem to affect the brightness of the lights. For like $12 at the local autozone I was really happy with how it turned out, especially since it was the first time really doing anything like that. I was thinking about also doing the yellow fogs. I hear it actually helps in fog situations. Any suggestions/protips?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.