Subaru WRX Forum banner

Rear Driver/Passenger Windows Roll Down

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  airplnmdls 
#1 ·
So I love to roll my windows down and drive...and I've noticed that the back side windows do not go down all the way. Whether this is due to the body or a safety feature, my question is, has anyone had experience with that area to tell me if it's possible to mod the setup to be able to have the rear windows roll down all the way? Thanks!

#3 ·
Probably a design flaw and safety issue. No one wants there kids crawling out the window. Plus the doors are smaller than the front doors...so, there may not be enough room.

#4 ·
It won't work because of the speakers. The speakers in the front are raised out of the door 1/2 inch so the window will clear the magnet and on the rear they are not. Most vehicles after about 95 have rear windows that don't go down all the way as a safety feature as to not let kids, dogs..what have you jump out the window. Also the gear on the window regulator is not long enough. With some elbow grease, aftermarket speakers and maybe a front window regulator I guess it could be possible...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.