Prosport Gauges - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By brfatal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

RickyTurbo11 is an unknown
Prosport Gauges

Anyone have a Prosport wideband? If so, does it work? I installed mine on Saturday and it was a nightmare. Finally got it hooked up and its not reading accurately. WOT is 10 or below when it should be 11.1. I recalibrated and nothing seems different. Not sure if I did the recalibration correct but I think so. The needle also seems to be very sensitive to bumps too.

Also, I got it to match my boost gauge but they no longer make one that matches so I bought a new one of the same style. The gauge I currently have is mechanical and the new one I bought is electrical. I didn't hook up the old gauge so I don't know what was involved. I'm just hoping its not a huge process like the wideband was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-07-2014, 11:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
:-/ I tried to push you away from that purchase last week. The brand is notorious for unreliable and inaccurate gauges. Not to mention their wideband sensor is not compatible with tuning software. You can't use it for logging for OpenSource or AccessTuner tuning.
boo-key bear likes this.
#3 Old 04-08-2014, 03:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I can't speak for their AFR gauge, I would have went with the AEM, but i've been using their premium series electronic boost and oil pressure gauges with 0 issues. I had one of their mechanical boost gauges for about a year aswell with 0 issues.
#4 Old 04-08-2014, 06:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

RickyTurbo11 is an unknown
I know you're right. I should've listened ### now I have a wideband that is inaccurate and really serves no purpose now. On top of that I got a new boost gauge to match it. I have a mechanical boost from them that works great so I figured it was a good brand. I should've just got 2 different gauges. Probably would've cost the same amount of money and they'd be useful. I doubt I can return it and it was such a huge pain to install so I guess I'm just gonna have to deal. SO pissed though, I just dropped like $400 on nothing but cool lights.