The progress of my recentrly purchase! Haha WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

alexxxphilly is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to alexxxphilly
The progress of my recentrly purchase! Haha WRX

Here guys some pics of everything off... and the last pic is the "progress" haha frame pulled back. got all 06 sti part for cheap, very happy with it... ill keep posting more. and yeah it def was hit hard as s#%^

oh btw ive noticed that when i bought it the car dont have a clock. only the hoe hehe. what can i put in there? ---besides gauges--- some trow me some pics and ideas...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2009, 12:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
you really plan on driving that thing? I hope u got it for dirt cheap and i mean dirt girl cheap.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#3 Old 06-05-2009, 08:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

hA! yeah got it dow to 2500$ LMAO 90k original owner (old guy) ha. car runs amazing. got all 2006 sti rear for 500$ bumper-lights-renforcement-trunk-bolts all.
#4 Old 06-05-2009, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
with a hit that hard, you might wanna make sure that any other piece of the frame is bent/broken/cracked. if it is, the car might as well go in the dumpster

Last edited by 04paulieWRX; 06-05-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo
#5 Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
That's going to take a lot of bondo... are you doing all this or having a shop do it?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#6 Old 06-05-2009, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah it was hit hard. but everything else is mint mint. the car drives perfectly, there was alil floor damage wich got pulled, awd and diff its fine. i got all the parts for cheap from a guy who was parting out his sti(no engine) so all parts were basicaly new.
i had to change the rear renforcement, everythings pulled back now, just strechin it, im working with my friend and we are popin eveything out and try to use less bondo. we have time so we can do it. and honestly after popin everything theres not that much bondo to use... bumper cvers everything only bitch will be the right quarter panel that ill spend a ton of time tyin to make it look good. then ill take it for paint...
here in philly Pa. wrx with those miles go for 7000$-8000$ with few mods but from young guys that raced the shit out of it ill be gettin mine (with a nice 06 ass) for 4500$ tops. im actualy gona spend less that what i thought. tnx to the cheap parts i found. but im still deciding if i should leave the wrx wing, or put the sti huge one. i may just use the wrx stock one till i find some nice rims. then ill see... i have both.
#7 Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Here guys my progress! yes it was a b!#$% but its getting there.. one more day of body work and then paint.... and yes i am takin all the sti emblems out lol aint a poser ha.
Attached Images

#8 Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Wow, looks like its coming along nicely. Well done.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
lookin great man....its hard to believe the before and after...BTW whats up with your drivers side doors?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#10 Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxphilly View Post
... and yes i am takin all the sti emblems out lol aint a poser ha.
that's hilarious. It really is a huge difference from the before and now. Good luck with it all. Also it might be better if you take the wing off to get the trunk painted.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#11 Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm sure you probably already know, but there are two tiny holes under the oval Subaru emblem on the back of the trunk lid, so don't forget to fill those in while you're also filling the extra holes in the top of the trunk lid that were used to mount the old STi wing. Looks good though, I'm impressed with your progress so far.

John
07 WRX
#12 Old 06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
im "imprezed"
#13 Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

yeah from what it was to now its like a diff car lol theres a few thing people wont notice but i do ...
i had a few wrx rear pics when i was doing it to compare and as you see here theres a few gaps that hell no i cant make it exactly like factory but oh well its not huge!
the side door had few dents and like a said im working on it one more day... idk when i have not time now..
the trunk holes yeah im covering them all, i had to put the wing to see how it looked haha and for now the holes are covered with tape from inside hehe. the only thing im hating are the rims.... sorry for the guys that love the stock 2002 rims. i hate them! but moneys thight so ill have to wait a lil.
Attached Images

#14 Old 06-09-2009, 12:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

jed344 is an unknown
wow doing good job keep going
#15 Old 06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm sure you'll get asked all the time what year it is if you go to meets or car shows. I bet some people will ask if you have an 06 with a bugeye front end swap or an 02/03 with an 06 tail conversion. Only the true enthusiasts will be able to pick out the small details and figure out the truth. And for what it's worth, until you pointed out those gaps, I didn't notice them.

John
07 WRX