please help! (2003 WRX wont start) - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 02-27-2014, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sek0513 is an unknown
Unhappy please help! (2003 WRX wont start)

So I did the HVAC light replacement in my 2003 WRX (very simple just replace two bulbs).

well.. in the midst of doing this I blew a fuse (due to a bad diode) sooo i said "To hell with that light".
I then replaced the fuse and reinstalled the dash trim with one working LED in place. When i started the car up it was idling funny, and i noticed that my DRLs and Fog lights work, as well as interior dome light, map lights and gauge cluster lights, but no Hi or Low beams and no needle movement from RPM, Temp, or Speedo. Also i noticed my voltage had dropped to 11.x and was sinking. My fuel pump primes and pumps, and the door dinger works as well.

The car died as soon as i tried to drive it out of the driveway, and would not start. I tried jumper cables (after 5 minutes of charging the battery) and still no start. She would crank, but barely. And then after, i got only clicks.

My main question/concern is; Is there anything that is located in that space behind the deck and HVAC that could have shorted out my whole system? Did i fry my alternator? obviously it isnt charging since i tried to drive the car and it died.

I didnt think my alt was bad, considering I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever with it before, but i have yet to test it.

The only thing that would happen in the past is, when switching to defrost, id lose the blowers completely. That has been going on for upward of a year..

Any help would be great guys. And truly very appreciated. Im kinda freaking out thinking that ive gone terribly wrong and fried my whole electrical system or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement