Subaru WRX Forum banner

piece of mind?

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Siress 
#1 ·
Just for fun and piece of mind,lets do a piece of mind thread!:nerd:
What have you done,want to do or heard of doing for no other reason than"piece of mind"?:D

I'm trying to think what I've done for "piece of mind".

So far...Redline oil products throughout,
Thinking of going with rotella t6 5w-40 for the summer now that I'm at 100,000+mi,
Radar detector,
seat covers,
OEM oil filter,
Koyo Aluminum Racing Radiator,
Blizzak snow tires,
That's all I can think of right now.

For the record...Part of the fun of modding is the chance something might BLOW UP at any givein' moment
How 'bout you?

#2 ·
Premium lubricants throughout, gauges for monitoring, oe filters always, killer b oil pickup, coolant hooked up to cool my ewg, cooling system conditioner and distilled water always when doing coolant filter, block heater, winter tires, always warm car up before taking off, drive easy first 20 minutes or so, never go below 1/4 tank if I can help it,always use oe replacement parts and not parts store junk, and always get fuel from the same station.

#3 ·
Well I think Im about done modding the engine for a bit so my next move was to start working on the exterior now, bodywork,suspension,braking ect...
My goal for the future is to get the dings & dents taken out with a fresh paint job and "by luck" find a decent set of morette headlights and tail lights.

All I can think of atm :)

#7 ·
I'm gonna go with: routine maintenance. I generally try to use pretty good materials and I halved the change intervals for most things (spark plugs, coolant, trans and rear diff fluids, etc.). I also stick to 3k engine oil change intervals and I use winter tires in the winter, which is arguably overkill for my neck o' the woods, but I've been really happy to have them on more than one occasion.

#8 ·
C'mon you guys, I know there is more than that. How many of you goons are rockin' a grounding kit? Or the nut jobs that change their oil every 3000mi just like grandad did? You know who you are. >:DCONFESS!

Oops,sorry manshow,we were typing at the same time.;)

#9 ·
I want everything working the way it was intended. I hate having lights out, leaks, fluid burning smells, steering not centered, or not getting rated boost and power.

I like quality gear, experience & expertise, and care & attention to detail. Details people, details! :D

Attachments

#12 ·
Me too,This was my 1st and probably the last brand new car off the showroom floor. So everything wrong with my car is my fault or a manufactures defect/oversight. If something broke I would get it fixed NOW!!!RIGHT NOW!! And I don't want to do it AGAIN!! I hate doing things within a "tolerance" I want dead-on-balls accurate. Hence I invented the bazillameter. :D

Reactions: LW_Black4
#14 ·
A grounding kit was the first thing I did to my WRX, and it did actually help in a noticeable way. These days, a fairly expensive car cover is used on my WRX when it's parked.

On my Tiburon, I spent money to have my throwout bearing (thrust bearing) replaced 2 weeks after replacing it along with installing a new flywheel and clutch. I wanted to see what kind of wear I had done to everything after absentmindedly letting my foot off the clutch pedal in gear at a complete stop. I watched and lent a hand during the whole process of disassembly and assembly, including firsthand inspection of all parts. Since the front subframe must be removed to get at the transmission, I also had the steering rack replaced along with stronger kingpins, tie-rods, and tie-rod ends (to get rid of the 1/4" play in the steering wheel). Not for a moment do I regret doing that for my piece of mind. It was a great learning experience too.

#15 ·
Piece of mind only?

Radar Detector - 9500ix
all weather floormats
Grounding -"Gold" grommets
oil every 3k
OEM filters only
2 pump stations only ( 1 shell and 1 chevron )
wash 2x a week - Meguiars ultimate wash
liquid wax every season - Meguiars white wax
clean, cut, polish, wax and buff every 6 months - Meguiars products only

All that piece of mind and I'll be sitting a red light an I hear a vibration, or coins in my cup holder, or my keys rattle and it drives me nuts, peace of mind gone in an instant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.