Paint Job? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 Old 10-23-2004, 03:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

THEWORX is an unknown
You guys need to take care of your paint jobs. I have a 2003 WRX, it is now 2 years old and the paint is perfect. I professionally detailed cars for 2 years. If you wash and wax your car right, you shouldn't have a problem. FYI I also worked at a suby dealership. Their paint jobs aren't near as bad as AUDI and VW. Subaru paint is a lot easier to take care of. Of course if you are going to get a black car its going to look like crap. Scratches will show up easily. Save yourself some money and just take care of your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 10-23-2004, 04:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
WORK:

What brand of cleaner do you use to detail your car? I've prefessionaly done mine as well as my father's cars and have never even bothered using anything other than Meguairs.

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
post #18 of 25 Old 10-23-2004, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

THEWORX is an unknown
I buy all my chemicals from a company named UniChem in Montana. First I use a somewhat abrasive compound called BC-2 (it will get out minor scratches and road grime) After BC-2 I will use a cherry wet wax (show car shine). If you are really good at detailing I would suggest using clay with body shine to bring back the life of the paint. Whatever you do, do not press too hard with the clay. It will leave swirl marks and look like crap. I usually wax my car every two weeks (it depends on the weather) Never let anything sit on your car too long (especially bugs and bird crap) I also use a wash and wax soup from unichem also. I also like their metal polish (my HKS muffler and tip look brand new and its two years old). If you want additional information, just let me know.
post #19 of 25 Old 10-25-2004, 09:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

chuckwagon is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah14
Chuck, you had the STi repainted? What color?
no I didn't get mine repainted I am going to get my uncle in Fla to buff it and see how it comes out, I really like the black but not the fact that the only time it's clean is when I just get finished washing it and it's still sitting in the driveway. Drive as far as the gas station and it's dirty again. If the paint dosn't buff out right I will probably get a custom paint job in the spring.
post #20 of 25 Old 10-26-2004, 01:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwagon
If the paint dosn't buff out right I will probably get a custom paint job in the spring.
I'm assuming you'll go with something other than black? What color? Some not offered by SOA?

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
post #21 of 25 Old 11-16-2004, 11:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobydood is an unknown
i had my front bumper of my wrx repainted WR blue after my careless buddy baked into it with his truck and scratched the paint with his hitch, the scrapes just about made me cry, i only had the car for 1 month before that, anyway, i took it to the local body shop, costed my buddy $388,and that cost is with labor for using some body filler for the gouges, and it lookes better than the factory paint on the rest of the car, recently another buddy got his whole 93 ford thunderbird repainted with a color change from light blue to black magic mika, looks very nice, it was done at the same body shop as my bumper, they also did body work and fixed rust holes, and that costed $2500 and it looks just as good as a factory paint job
post #22 of 25 Old 11-17-2004, 12:32 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
But will the paint job last is the question.
post #23 of 25 Old 11-17-2004, 07:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

sik04wrx is an unknown
If the guy thinks he cant make it look good without repainting the parts and just touching up and buffing them hes full of it...If the paints peeling it needs paint...depending on the $$ u have just getting the damaged stuff fixed is probably better for now. But i know at my shop our paint jobs just for a complete 1 color is usually about 4k. But we do it right by taking all the handles moldings etc off so they dont get messed up and taped off. If u are going to get a complete make sure u do ## homework and just dont bring it to the cheapest place because u usually get what u pay 4!!
post #24 of 25 Old 11-17-2004, 07:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

dreamofwrx is an unknown
4k? damn, at that point id sand it down to flat black.
post #25 of 25 Old 11-20-2004, 09:51 AM

DubyaAreEx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to DubyaAreEx
it also has a lot to do with how much you get painted when changing to a new color. for example, if you want the door jams done, underneath the hood, trunk, etc. when i got my 02 painted from silver to gunmetal the final cost was 4200 but that was doing the door jams and molding on the lips (which is a lot of molding). but like sik04wrx said you usually get what you pay for so look around before you chose what you wanna do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement