Subaru WRX Forum banner

Paint Job

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  WRX--Russ 
#1 ·
So I started the process of doing a full paint job on my car last night. I have it almost completely stripped down and am going to start doing the little body work and sanding the car down today.

I was thinking about painting a ghost/flat blue (maybe yellow if it was side logos) logo on either the side of the car or the hood. of maybe subaru rally team or the classic subaru side decals like travis pastranas rally car. Im keeping the car WRB but can't decide whether to put some logo's on

Just thought I would see what people think.

I currently have a 07 impreza wagon getting a full flat black paint job and its also getting 17in black enkei's put on it. That is in the paint booth right now so it will be done soon and ill post up a few pics.

See less See more
#4 ·
Personally, I like smaller decals, not so much the huge ones that cover the entire side of your car. For example, "SUBARU" written on the hood in yellow, right above the grill... !Thumbs Up

Probably on the back too. Then maybe small logos on the sides.

But obviously, it's up to you. Still though, the way I see it, you're going to be seen in it, and everybody needs a good rep, so don't do anything way too drastic.

#13 ·
thanks! I have my subi in primer right now. Just wet sanded the whole thing tonight and am hopefully going to paint it tomorrow or thursday. The pictures of my car don't show how bad of shape the paint was actually in and how bad of body work was done on the car by the people that last painted it. Im really excited to see it too:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.