Subaru WRX Forum banner

opinion time people, bulb color

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  man show 
#1 ·
ok so one of my halogen bulbs just went out amd i was gonna grab another but i saw some halogen bulbs that are hyper-yellow. u think thats a clean look on the wrx? blue wrx with yeloow bulbs, i think its possible. and i cant do laminex

#6 ·
In my opinion my 05 WRX has the worst headlights in any car I've ever owned. I did something about it and upgraded to HID and have never been happier. I initially got 6000K bulbs that were arctic white and got unwanted attention from the police so now I'm standard 4300K regular white.

#10 ·
I was always under the impression that with HIDs, the higher the number, the brighter the light - but, as the number increases beyound 4300K, the brighter, more intense light becomes less usable to the human eye because our eyes physically can't process the light so it actually begins to look dimmer to us even though, technically, it is brighter.

4300K is ideal, producing the highest amount of usable light, but doesn't give the intense "blue/white" that many people are looking for with an HID upgrade

6000K is probably one of the most popular intense blue/white lights out there right now

5000K is a slight compromise between the two, giving slightly more usable light and less blueness than the 6000K kit and slightly more intense whiteness than the 4300K kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.