oil pressure gauge - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

goodboyWRX is an unknown
oil pressure gauge

I'm installing a OP gauge this weekend and I can't seem to find the oil galley on the block to screw the sender into...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
That is the hard way. The way I did mine is as follows. I bought a greddy oil filter sandwich block adapter from rally sport direct.com. Install it between your engine and oil filter. It has pre-taped holes to screw the sending unit into. screw the unit into the block adapter. Hook up the wires. BAM your done. If you are intent on using the galley sorry I cant help you. Keep us posted on how you did it. Good luck!

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#3 Old 03-24-2009, 01:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
the oil galley install is pretty simple. there are two plugs. one under the alternator and one on the block by the turbo compressor outlet. i used the one by the compressor. you'll need a crows foot wrench for sure to be able to tighten your sendor into the hole. here's a good link that shows you the two ways of doing it. How To: DEFI BF install -Step by step with pics - 24 May - INSTALL COMPLETE - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums
#4 Old 03-24-2009, 07:43 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
That is the hard way. The way I did mine is as follows. I bought a greddy oil filter sandwich block adapter from rally sport direct.com. Install it between your engine and oil filter. It has pre-taped holes to screw the sending unit into. screw the unit into the block adapter. Hook up the wires. BAM your done.
I would,like midnightblack suggested,use the one on the top of the block.You will have to take the TMIC off which takes like 5-10 minutes to do.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#5 Old 03-24-2009, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

SilverWagon7 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
That is the hard way. The way I did mine is as follows. I bought a greddy oil filter sandwich block adapter from rally sport direct.com. Install it between your engine and oil filter. It has pre-taped holes to screw the sending unit into. screw the unit into the block adapter. Hook up the wires. BAM your done. If you are intent on using the galley sorry I cant help you. Keep us posted on how you did it. Good luck!
Did you do any type of trimming to get the sandwich block to fit? I am in the process of doing this mod to my wagon and it looks like it is going to be a tight fit.
#6 Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Yes, I had to put a small notch in a heat shield.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#7 Old 03-24-2009, 12:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

SilverWagon7 is an unknown
Ok that’s what I was planning to do. Thanks for the reassurance.