Subaru WRX Forum banner

No wonder I'm broke....bad planning I guess.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  9d2TSi 
#1 ·
Here is what I have so far for my stereo. All to be installed when I get my car back.!Thumbs Up

-Pioneer Avic D2
-36 sq. feet of Dynamat Xtreme for the trunk, and wherever else I feel needs it
-Dynamat door kits-4
-Alpine Type S 6.5" door speakers-2
-Boston Aucoustics 5.25" Coaxal speakers-2
-Alpine 4ch. amp for door speakers
-Rockford Fosgate P2 10" subs 2, in enclosed box
-Rockford Fosgate Punch series amp for the sub

I bought the speakers, dynamat, and the 4ch. amp today, the head unit I bought last week online for 50 bucks less than the guy at the store could get for 50 bucks less than the guy could buy it for himself! He just sighed and said that is why they didn't sell digital cameras anymore, they were losing too much to warehouse stores.

Should sound pretty good, right? I have heard all the componants seperate, but that doesn't really give me any idea for how it is going to sound all together.

I knew I shouldn't be spending money on this, but I had already started to collect parts for it. I am pretty confident I am going to be able to afford the tranny and this, so I just went for it.

I am looking at 2,889.86 total w/installation. Probably overpayed for some stuff, but I saved a good 600 on the head unit by buying online.

See less See more
#3 ·
It shouldn't sound too bad Brent, it has to be properly tuned just like anything else. The dynomat is really going to help. As for your fronts though, I would've went with Boston seperates. Those or MB Quart. Then you'd bave some kickass fronts.

The Alpines will more than likely sound good, but I've never really been impressed with their sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.