new parts on the rex. check out the pics!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-20-2010, 04:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
Cool new parts on the rex. check out the pics!!

i got the lip painted,sti carbon side markers,oem front badge back on,fog covers and new rims.enjoy the pics.

Last edited by mosc; 05-26-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-26-2010, 12:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Marne_Aeok is an unknown
sorry boss to be honest i dont like it. the stock rex wing is the only one that looks good on the wrx. the sti wing belongs on the sti and nothing else. the wing you have should be for something else. i dont think it lines up with the car at all. the rims....not diggin the blue on it.

CF screams rice to me.

again its your car and you do what you want with it. dont be upset at all over my comments. we all have our opinions and likes/dislikes.

EDIT: those fog covers ARE badass tho lol - where you get them?
#3 Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Calvin7658 is an unknown
Looks good man, you should black-out the headlights too. That'll look really cool!
#4 Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

bugeyebandit is an unknown
I like the blue accents on the rims. It will help bring out the blue in the paint. I am thinking about doing the same kind of thing. The car Looks good man. Need to make that gap around the tire smaller though.
#5 Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

09azwrx is an unknown
+ 1 on the rims looking good !!!!!!
#6 Old 03-30-2010, 12:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
That thing would look mean with a set of Morettes and if it were dropped a little bit..

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#7 Old 03-30-2010, 03:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
holy wheel gap batman.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#8 Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

MetalGearRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to MetalGearRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by booosted09 View Post
holy wheel gap batman.
That's funny. But yeah, how wide are your rims? I don't know if it's just me or the angle where you took the pictures, but your tires look skinny.

Overall it's a nice ride. +1
#9 Old 03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
sorry for the delay in repost.. built a new computer and was down for a couple days. rims are 17x7. i got the fog light covers on ebay. now hardware to put them in.. they just pop in. im going to get some black headlights asap.. would be nice to find a cheap set of Morettes but if i cant ill just rock the black ones.. also going to black out the taillights.and yes i know bout that made wheel gap.. im going to do LOTS AND LOTS of research b4 i buy some springs/combo set. on my last ride i had a full tein setup and it was a rough ride. im looking for something very close to stock feel but with the lower stance. and to the comment to the wing i think it goes well with the whole thing.. and plus that wing was on the car when i bought it.. so im going to rock it. thanks for all the comments. promise next time ill comment back asap

Last edited by mosc; 05-26-2010 at 01:12 AM.
#10 Old 03-30-2010, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marne_Aeok View Post
sorry boss to be honest i dont like it. the stock rex wing is the only one that looks good on the wrx. the sti wing belongs on the sti and nothing else. the wing you have should be for something else. i dont think it lines up with the car at all. the rims....not diggin the blue on it.

CF screams rice to me.

again its your car and you do what you want with it. dont be upset at all over my comments. we all have our opinions and likes/dislikes.

EDIT: those fog covers ARE badass tho lol - where you get them?
the rims are perfect for my setup.at certain views u can see blue in the paint job.. and the whole interior is black and blue.. so when i seen the rims on konigs site i had to get them.. plus great price at at 96 per rim with free shipping to my door..
#11 Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Here's another idea: have you considered painting your calipers and/or the parts of your rotors where the brake pads DON'T contact them with high temp caliper paint... black... or... blue? That would clean that area up a bit and it would go with your scheme - and I'm sure some of you will laugh at the idea, but I think it would look alright on that particular car.

John
#12 Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

bugeyebandit is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex2002 View Post
the rims are perfect for my setup.at certain views u can see blue in the paint job.. and the whole interior is black and blue.. so when i seen the rims on konigs site i had to get them.. plus great price at at 96 per rim with free shipping to my door..
I like the setup.. I am going for the same look. Except I have a wagon. I really like the way the paint shows the blue. It was a great suprise when i bought the car. I dig it.
#13 Old 03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Here's another idea: have you considered painting your calipers and/or the parts of your rotors where the brake pads DON'T contact them with high temp caliper paint... black... or... blue? That would clean that area up a bit and it would go with your scheme - and I'm sure some of you will laugh at the idea, but I think it would look alright on that particular car.
good idea.. i never thought of that.. the only hard part would to get the closest blue to the etched out part thats on the rims.. but with most caliper paint they only have one shade of blue

Last edited by mosc; 05-26-2010 at 01:12 AM.
#14 Old 04-01-2010, 06:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, that's true.. and you'd definitely want to at least use some type of high-temp paint so it lasts. I can vouch for the regular caliper paint as I've used it on several different cars and it has held up pretty well over a period of years with only a few chips from regular debris damage. Black would probably look just fine and it would clean the area up a bit. Now get to it and take some more pics!

John
#15 Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

blazed2002bugeye is more helpful than not
in japan the bugeye is a STI and has that wing..i don't like it either but its not like there isn't a wing like that on a bugeye..love the wheels..i want to get a set of rotos for my bugeye like that with the blue accents i think there bad ass..car looks good man but does need to be lowered..i don't know why the bug eyes are set up higher than the later models my buddies 04 sits alot lower than my 02 and his is stock..i thought there was something wrong with my car..front looks like it sits high than the back

Last edited by blazed2002bugeye; 04-01-2010 at 09:51 AM. Reason: philadelphia egamacation