New lights? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
New lights?

Has anyone tried these lights? Is there extra wiring to do for the halo & led? Some say you do. The ad says no. witch is it? And where would I put the free fog lights that come with this offer?

02-03 Subaru WRX Dual Halo LED Black Projector Headlights + FREE Day Time Running Chrome LED Fog Lights

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
check ebay you may find them cheaper. it says plug and play so you should be good to go.some people may say its a little "rice" but to each its own. you could always wire the fog lighs behind the grill and use them as single markers. i bought a set on ebay stock lock but just black housing and they turned out great. there was a loose connection but that took less than 5 mins to fix.
#3 Old 09-30-2012, 02:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, I ordered them. I found the answers to my own questions. I thought I'd share them.

First off they are NOT plug and play. You DO have to wire the halo and LEDs. Not hard. Most of the wiring is done for you but not all. I tapped into the side markers for power. The blinkers don't come with amber bulbs.

The wires for the high/low beams were connected wrong. I just unplugged them and switched them around. Again,not hard.

The reflector for one of the high beams wasn't lined up so I moved it around and got it to line up with my finger while I had the back off to switch the wires.

The adjustment screws are easy to get at with a stubby screwdriver. The side to side adjustment won't change the angle of the lamps,just lateral. The up and down adjustments change angle normally.

They come with many options. Chrome,flat black and gloss black. All three can have smoke lenses.
I chose flat black without smoke. The free LED fog lamps are going on the Camry.

The fit and finish are dead on. Very nice!!!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...wLights005.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...wLights010.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...wLights006.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...wLights022.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...wLights020.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...wLights013.jpg

Tell me what you think.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.

Last edited by Fidrat; 10-02-2012 at 01:56 AM.
#4 Old 09-30-2012, 03:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
They look better than I was thinking they were gonna look like.
I like em! not too sure about the LED part though, maybe it will grow on me, and if not, hey, its not my car so what do I care.
Oh yeah, fitment looks to be perfect!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#5 Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Just don't plug in the halos or LEDs. They are very Fast and Furious rice. The optics in the '04-'05 version of those have been shown to be terrible (very narrow beams, bad cut off).

[edit] too late
#6 Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I like that. Looks nice.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#7 Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Just don't put HIDs in there. I had bugeye behind me with these headlights with a DIY HID swap. I thought I was going to go blind.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#8 Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Just don't put HIDs in there. I had bugeye behind me with these headlights with a DIY HID swap. I thought I was going to go blind.
Thanks,not to worry. I hate HIDs. I don't want to be that jerk that goes around blinding everyone.

Besides,there are warnings all over the place that say DO NOT put HIDs in these even if you get a DIY kit to convert them. I don't think the lenses can take the heat. If that bugeye had them he won't have them for long. Or so I have been told by the manufacture.

I also can't stand those blue tinted lights.

#9 Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Exactly the lenses need converted to HID lenses. To make them correct and clear.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae