Subaru WRX Forum banner

Need oil pressure gauge help

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
So I decided I didn't wanna get rid of my car like I was planning on so I'm buying more and putting more things on the car. I just put on the oil filter sandwich plate and put in the oil pressure sending unit and oil temp sensor now the confusing part how exatly am I spoposed to conect the sending unit to the gauge all there is on the oposit side is a stud coming out of it maybe i'm missing something but I'm a little lost any help would be nice?

#2 ·
Any one have a clue about gauges? I got them all hooked up the way the instructions told me to but they don't work. they are the cheap ebay gauges made by glow shift the lights work but the oil pressure and oil temp doesn't work so it kinda useless right now.

Anyone with any knowledge on the subject would be of a great help. Am i suposed to ground the gauge itself twice?

#4 ·
I actually just figured it out I got them working correctly there was only one post i guess the unit was the ground. does anyone know what is a good pressure and tempature for the vehicle to be running at when i get on it, it the pressure shoots up to close to 100.

#5 ·
that pressure seems right. after the oil is warm and at idle mine is at 30psi, then it shoots up to 90-100 psi when i give it throttle.
my temp stays at around 180 and upwards of 200 when its really hot and i'm sitting in traffic

#6 ·
My pressure is close to 90-100 before it warms up then after warming up it idles usually at 15 sometimes up to 25, then while driving around town low rpms its around 75ish and up to 100 on the highway. They temp stays pretty constant right around 190 - 210 weather around town or on the highway but it goes up quick to 225 sitting at a light for 10 minutes. Should I worry or is the pressure and temp fine?

#8 ·
I have a faze oil pressure gauge.when i first installed it it worked fine.Now after 2 months the needle just bounces violently and the gauge makes alot of annoying clicking sounds.Anybody know why?Ichecked all connections and they are good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.