Need to find a place to get some work done... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

NotoriousToker is an unknown
Need to find a place to get some work done...

I'm looking for a shop in or around westchester NY that will have aftermarket quality parts, both non-mechanical, and mechanical. Does anyone know a good place to recommend? Just got a 2010 wrx and I want to find a place to get some work done on the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-14-2010, 11:15 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
What specifically are you looking for?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

NotoriousToker is an unknown
Nothing too crazy...

Just looking to get an intake and to talk to somebody who specifically works on these cars. I would like to make some upgrades over time, but I'll need to know what order to get things done in, and I want to make sure that nothing I mod will affect the overall life of the car... I'm not trying to race, but I drive all day for work and need my car to remain reliable while I still have a little fun. I've never modded out a car before, this is my first car that I've bought myself so I can do whatever I'd like...
#4 Old 05-15-2010, 08:35 AM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Any modifications will shorten the life of the car.. However some less then others.. The best thing you can do for "Fun" and drivability is really simple. Free up the air flow. (I know the stock intake in the earlier years is good to go but I'm not sure about the new ones) However the exhaust is always a good place to start... Depending on where you live you can go catless or atleast run a high flow cat. I suggest a good quality Turbo Back Exhaust which includes (Down Pipe, Cat Back Exhaust).. After then a good tune. Eith with an Open Source (Stock ECU fine tuned with Tantrix Cable and some one who knows what they are doing) or a Pro Tune with a piggy back system like Cobb APv2 or equal system.. this "Stage 2" type setup will really wake up the car and bring out the power your can has and still allow it to run for years and years provided you don't abuse it.. Abuse or improper driving will kill a fully stock car.. Good luck, and the intake if you want one, and the exhaust can be done by you in your driveway with simple hand tools. Most of the bolts are 14mm.. LOL.. As for the Tuning, an ff the shelf map from cobb will allow you to install the Piggy back system your self aswell. Save the install money and learn about your car...

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."