My HID experiences - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-13-2012, 10:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Ok i was just being nice about it earlier, yes you most certainly can put them on your car and you can do what you like nobody stopping you. But when you write a page write up on something that doesnt benefit anyone and expect comments, dont cry when you have ppl "saying" what they want. Heres my opinion bud i dont care what you think, you make the community look horrid. You know how we get the name ricer "YOU". You know how people get blinded by an idiot 16 year old "YOU". Plus if you traffic a forum properly, you would have seen 293837 write ups on HIDs and see the negative feedback. Not one post about is about "omg HIDs are the best". The dont even work properly in iur cars!! U walked into this one. Dug your own grave. Oh by the way u must care u continue to post and wanted our opinion. Now u got it cheers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-13-2012, 11:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I agree with them on this. You have to realize that ppl are just telling you what they know from experience. These ppl know what they are talking about. Anyone "can" put them on thier car, we are just saying that it might not be a good idea. The ppl posting were being nice about it until you opened the door and got negative. Hope you the best.
#18 Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs0806 View Post
Well honestly I could care less what any of you guys say and it's bitching like that that makes me stop coming on this forum. It's my car I can do whatever the hell I want to it. And yes my 350z had factory hids and also I was simply trying to help a guy out not asking opinions
I'm sorry that you feel this way. I might've been a bit harsh. But, all my points were valid and I'm clearly stating is what is needed to fix the problem.

HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

Those are two top notch retro fitting sources that have a high reputation of doing good work.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#19 Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

12wrx is an unknown
Sorry but no difference in glare that I can notice on MY cars w projectors. Perhaps all hids should be banned as proposed by congress years ago. Anything that might endanger others should be. I hope none of you break the speed limit or any other traffic laws that could cause someone to be injured. Loud exhausts hurt my ears.
#20 Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12wrx View Post
Sorry but no difference in glare that I can notice on MY cars w projectors. Perhaps all hids should be banned as proposed by congress years ago.
And succeeded in doing. These are illegal for road use. That's why the box that it came in says "off-road use only".
#21 Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah, and downpipes, headers, Up-pipes....etc...etc....

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#22 Old 03-17-2012, 08:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
This truck was behind me at a red light last night. With...guess what. HIDs in a halgon headlight assembly. Take a look for yourselfs.

Kirt
#23 Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I love it when that happens.
#24 Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

I put this up in another section of the forum and this is what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Hate to steal these from another member on here...but, this is a good demonstration of the difference.

Stock 08 WRX headlights with HID h11 drop in kit (Glare)

vs same member's headlights with a TSX HID lense retro fit with d2s bulbs. (clear and a sharp cut off line)

Kirt
#25 Old 03-18-2012, 10:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is a helpful contributing member
Well since this thread seems to be a hot topic. I for one cant stand HID's. Done the right way or wrong way.
I wont ever put them on my car because I dont care to piss the other drivers off that are driving towards me or in in front of me. I always seem to get the one $sshole every mourning that blinds me with his gas guzzler truck so I dislike them even more every day.
I know people that went messing with headlights kits that resulted in melted wires and blown fuses. Good luck to anyone that wants these lights on their car, don't be surprised if you have some kind of misfortune with them, be it malfunctions,tickets or accidents.

CHEERS!

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
Rebuild in progress....

Chuck.
#26 Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

joker97 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs0806 View Post
Well honestly I could care less what any of you guys say and it's bitching like that that makes me stop coming on this forum. It's my car I can do whatever the hell I want to it. And yes my 350z had factory hids and also I was simply trying to help a guy out not asking opinions
well shining the sun onto other drivers' eyes - it's not safe that's all i wanna say, really ... but sounds like you can't care less about that