Mothers PowerBall 4Paint - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Rained this weekend so maybe this one i will do the test.
Also I do agree with ya Vew, OCD is something im dealing with as well..haha, just curious on how well this thing works.......###### just another buffer tho when it coes down to it!

.....CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-03-2011, 08:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well, I'm sold assuming it doesn't destroy your paint. Plus, the old dude had my drill in the video! It's a sign I think...

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#18 Old 05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Haha, I never said it would destroy your paint! Sorry if it was implied. IMO, it just won't be very beneficial for what you want it to do. Drill don't go anywhere near the speed to risk much damage unless you're THAT bad at it.

This is what I use.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#19 Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sorry Vew, my words. Not putting words in your mouth

Also that is a great song in the background to that buffer! Got it on a Paul Van Dyk album

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#20 Old 05-04-2011, 08:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
Ok. So I have a Craftsman random orbital buffer (good reccomendation Hondafan). This is what I will use. Paint ball is out of the pic. Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
What type of bonnet should I being using. The "wax" bonnet to apply and then the terrycloth bonnet to remove and then the lambswool to make it shine? I am assuming this is right b/c this is what is sold with it. Is it better to use a microfiber to remove the wax?
I like the video Vew! I wish I had an applicating pad like that.
Sorry for all the quesitons adn thanks in advance for all the input.
#21 Old 05-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Never waxed with a machine so probably best left to be answered by someone else. You shouldn't be using anything other than microfibers on your car. Towel "tech" has come so far that it's pretty much made the common terry cloth and whatnot obsolete. Bath towels are too harsh for paint. Just make sure your MF is clean and free from particles that could scratch your paint.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#22 Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunk007 View Post
Ok. So I have a Craftsman random orbital buffer (good reccomendation Hondafan). This is what I will use. Paint ball is out of the pic. Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
What type of bonnet should I being using. The "wax" bonnet to apply and then the terrycloth bonnet to remove and then the lambswool to make it shine? I am assuming this is right b/c this is what is sold with it. Is it better to use a microfiber to remove the wax?
I like the video Vew! I wish I had an applicating pad like that.
Sorry for all the quesitons adn thanks in advance for all the input.
Here's a post of mine from two years ago when I used my Craftsman buffer on my car. I used their 10" microfiber pad to apply. I removed it by hand with microfiber towels.

Step 1: Mother's Cleaner (Orbital Buffer, Microfiber Pad)
Step 2: Mother's Sealer/Polish (Orbital Buffer, Microfiber Pad)
Step 3: Turtle Wax Ice (Hand applied)

Washed and waxed

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#23 Old 07-07-2012, 01:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So I found a different method that I love. I use 6inch discs that I get at Auto-zone(their brand) that have the 1/4 shaft so I can use it in my drill(cordless)
I apply the a cleaner wax with one of those, let it sit for a few minutes than put a new fiber pad on to remove. I find that a 6 inch pad covers the flat spots well and also can get into those nook and crannie spots.
If I am still wanting more shine than I just repeat with a carnauba wax. Keep in mind that my yellow is hell to make shine. Colors like black , blue and red are extremely easy to burn your eyes out with shine.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew