Subaru WRX Forum banner

Max Dimensions for Box in Trunk

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  awd>fwd 
#1 ·
Hey I was wondering if someone could give me the max dimensions an 04 WRX sedan trunk is. I have made two boxes for it but they were both to big. So if you could give me some dimensions that you know will fit in the trunk that would be great. See I can get the boxes to fit if I put them in through the back seat by taking it out, but i would rather be able to take it out through the trunk for autocross. Thanks for any help, Chief

#4 ·
Some pretty jazzy car audio they have. I've pretty much been through that stage in my life, but I would tell you to just go with JL Audio. You'll have no problems with box fitment that way. Not saying that I wouldn't like to hear those XXX subs though. !Thumbs Up

#7 ·
WRX Newbie said:
You have to use a larger box because of the sub. I doubt you have heard of resonant engineering, but its a XXX (www.reaudio.com) You cant use a sealed box, you have to go ported. Yeah, and the dimensions they have are to bid for my trunk. So if you can help let me know. Chief
the XXX looks like a JL W6V2. But I fit a Ported 13W6V2 in my trunk and still have room for a 30 pack all the way across my trunk.

I can get a closer shot of the trunk to you if you PM me but this is from ym car

#9 ·
Find someone that can fiberglass everything into the trunk, it looks so nice like that. I have a 15" sub a friend of mine is going to fiberglass in the trunk with the amp and all the wires for 100 bucks. I dont know what im going to do with my spare tire though :confused:

#11 ·
I didnt post a picture, but my box takes up a little bit less than 1/2 the trunk and I have one of the amps :sneaky: mounted on the side of the trunk and I still have room to fit about 3-4 cases in the trunk. Not sure how much stuff you really want to haul around, but I can also fit all of my fire gear back there including SCBA. Still plenty of room my friend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.