Subaru WRX Forum banner

A little help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  WRXhks 
#1 ·
So i just got my 2011 wrx last week. I noticed today there is a small unit that is a part of a radar detector mounted in the cubby in front of the shifter. Then there's a wire that looks like a phone cord coming out by my glove compartment. Any clues? seems like i'm missing a component. I've never seen anything like it but i really am not up to speed on current radar detector technology. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I'm not sure if it is the same unit in your car but I have a Valentine One that also has a concealed display. you can mount the concealed display anywhere you like so all the readings go to it instead of the main unit mounted by the rearview mirror and it is not obvious to people/cops behind you that you are using a radar detector.

Both pieces are powered through standard phone cord that plugs into a charger through the cigarette lighter. I'm not sure if other detectors use the same setup but i know the V1 does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.