Subaru WRX Forum banner

lighting bars

22K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  ajschirack 
#1 ·
im curious if many of u guys have added extra lighting like on bull bars or roof mounts or were ever else i really enjoy trail driving an extra lighting is always a plus

#4 ·
ok well i started building my brackets to put a 30in led light bar roof mounted i will keep pictures posted as i go it sshould be great for the fire trails an the back country dirt roads watch out deer u might not want to stare into this one

#9 ·
damn thats actually sick as hell.. Did you mount it to the roof rack?? is it solid so it wont get jacked lol I dont know how bad that is around you but here in AZ offroad lights get stolen all over the place. Also weldings good man how it looks really doesnt matter as long as its solid (im a beginer welder as well and your doing better then me)... As for hitches im not sure i dont know anything about car hitches what are you planning on towing? also isnt there only 1 car hitch size and one size for trucks???

#10 ·
thanks man ya its mounted to the rack with expansion nuts very solid its pretty bad with theft in town but try to stay away from there ha ha ha it will be finish bolted with allens so thats less likley to get ripped off ya i agree with you with the welds its definetly over kill on strength i probably will pull my snowboarding gear trailer maybe 500 pounds

#11 ·
What me and my buddies do for offroad lights is usally get a bolt with a hole in it and put a carter pin through as an extra deterent. But in your case that wouldnt work since the bottem isnt exposed. Try a torx instead?? One of those wierd ones that you need a special one for. How much did you pick up that light for anyway arent they extremely pricey. Also do you want it so you can slide a hitch in and out or just a solid set up with a ball thats on all the time?? Where are you planning on attaching it too??

#13 ·
those are good ideas with the bolts i might just get some funky bolts to put in it less likely for someone to have that tool
i would like to remove the hitch so probably a reciver style hitch so its not out there all the time o an the cost of that light was not cheap it was around 850 but lifetime waranty an its bright as hell:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.