LED Eye lights - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

nicktown is an unknown
LED Eye lights

i'm toying with the idea of getting LED eye lights, like the ones on high end Audi's, to run across the bottom of my headlights. I'm not real techy when it comes to wiring though. Has anyone done any wiring with the lights on their WRX? I have a 2011. Here's a link to the eye lights: Lightning Eyes LED Headlight Kit | PlasmaGlow

If anyone has a wiring diagram or knows where I could get one that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Please don't rice out your car. Thanks.
#3 Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Administrator is an unknown
So pretty much all Audis are automatically "ricey" because of their headlights?

Go for it Nick, it's your car.
#4 Old 10-13-2011, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
So pretty much all Audis are automatically "ricey" because of their headlights?

Go for it Nick, it's your car.
Audi ≠ Subaru. It's the same issue with halos. Halos only belong on BMWs (not even on the new Camaro). On an Asian car, it's a crime.

If he had a Kia Rio and was asking about doing this, would you still be all for it?
#5 Old 10-13-2011, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktown View Post
i'm toying with the idea of getting LED eye lights, like the ones on high end Audi's, to run across the bottom of my headlights. I'm not real techy when it comes to wiring though. Has anyone done any wiring with the lights on their WRX? I have a 2011. Here's a link to the eye lights: Lightning Eyes LED Headlight Kit | PlasmaGlow

If anyone has a wiring diagram or knows where I could get one that would be great.
Just upgrade to Hid kit and change the bulb to different wattage for color change and i think youll like that.
#6 Old 10-13-2011, 04:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
ya imo dont rock the led eye lights. everyone here around town who thinks there a car tuner has this mod.its becoming a trending mod that the "soccer moms" are even doing it on there vans
#7 Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
Cant help with the wiring, but if you like it, dont listen to those who dont. It should look good.

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
#8 Old 10-13-2011, 10:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex2002 View Post
ya imo dont rock the led eye lights. everyone here around town who thinks there a car tuner has this mod.its becoming a trending mod that the "soccer moms" are even doing it on there vans
Me personally i run stock. But honestly its the ppl that know nothing about cars are the ones that go "oh look at those lights that car is sick!!" so if u want the attention thats why u do the route. He wanted LEDs initially, so he wanted attention to the car. Its whatever you like i guess
#9 Old 10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
I've seen way to many kias, civics, and minivans with it...
#10 Old 10-14-2011, 11:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzanic View Post
Just upgrade to Hid kit and change the bulb to different wattage for color change and i think youll like that.
Ugh, did you really just recommend an HID kit? Please don't ever tell anyone to do that. Even if they have actual HID headlights.

And wattage is not what controls color......
#11 Old 10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Ugh, did you really just recommend an HID kit? Please don't ever tell anyone to do that. Even if they have actual HID headlights.

And wattage is not what controls color......
Guess u didnt see my post of i run stock??!? Dude wants the lights in front for attention so it was suggestion since leDs arent gonna work for him. The only other option for lights in front would b strobes an that is just ridiculous. So let the kid do what he wants not what you hate
#12 Old 12-14-2011, 12:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

nicktown is an unknown
un-ricey look of eye lights

#13 Old 12-14-2011, 01:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^How's it look in the daytime ?

Also, have a pic from the front of the car?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#14 Old 12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Those pretty much proved my statement. You know what those LED lights are for right? They aren't supposed to be on at night.

Also, you're supposed to put them at the top of the light.
#15 Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

ejs0806 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Please don't rice out your car. Thanks.
What specifically makes them rice?? I dont understand this whole concept just because someone put them on there hondas once there rice now?? Pretty sure if they where considered rice such high companys like audi mercedes porsche etc... wouldnt run them and people wouldnt love them. Also is me having an exhaust rice?? Just because someone with a ricer has one?? I have yet to understand why everyone talks so much sh*t about people doing rice things.. its all personal prefrence about what falls under rice and honestly are cars are like 50% rice... They would be rice if it wherent for 2 things awd and a factory turbo... Just saying And also go for it man if you want LEDS put em in the damn hood fenders whatever you wanna do, because its YOUR car...