LED Blinker Lights (Hyperflash) - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-18-2010, 01:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Colby1321 is an unknown
LED Blinker Lights (Hyperflash)

just put in led blinker lights in front and rear. They now hyperflash. Want it to stop but dont want to cut the stock wires and put in load resistors. Heard you can buy led heavy duty flashers, but have no idea which kind to get. Help me make the hyperflash stop, the leds look good and i dont want to take them out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Unless the LEDs have resistors already built in, you're not going to be able to fix the fast blinking without cutting wires. You can get loaded LEDs, but you'd have to look for those specifically. Load resistors aren't a big deal to install, but you also have to keep in mind that they get as hot as a regular bulb because they're taking in that additional current to slow down the blink rate. It's not a big deal to splice something in, or you could find a plug sometimes even at Autozone that would allow you to plug and play the resistors into the line without cutting the factory wires. I haven't looked for those harnesses, specifically, but I know it wouldn't be too much of a headache. PM me if you go that route and have any questions. I had to install the load resistors in my motorcycle kit when I integrated the blinkers into the taillight. Good luck!
#3 Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

Colby1321 is an unknown
Color-Changing LED Turn Signal Bulbs - Lighting

Found this on fastwrx. they sell a led turn signal flasher to stop the hyper-flash. Just replace your stock one with this one and the problem should be fixed. Ill try this first.
#4 Old 11-20-2010, 04:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
^ I guarantee that if I owned an 08+ Impreza, I'd have a set of those... way cooler than the chrome/amber bulbs that I currently have for my 07.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#5 Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Those lights are sick...I agree John

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae